STEVE-Natalia

*No picture for this one ): but Next chapter's picture almost made me cry...almost*
Dedicated to rogersbarnes22

"We can't just burst in there a blow it all to pieces! We need a plan... If we want to win we have to do it together. As a team!" I yell in frustration. We are falling apart...Ultron wanted this to happen...he is striking us when we are at our weakest... I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind. It must be Nat... I turn and grab her hands. "Hey soldier." She says with a grin. Even in times as grim as this she still is filled with hope. Her expression changes to concern. "James texted me...he was wondering when we would be home." She says. Oh James....this is war...there are going to be casualties...I hope you can understand that... She looks at me expectantly. As if she is waiting for an answer. "Tell him we will be right there." Natalia pulls out her phone and sends him a text. I put my arm around her shoulders and we leave the meeting room without a word. I don't really care what they think...they can figure it out themselves...James is more important... As we walk down the hall we nearly collide with Barbara and Clint. They brush past us without a word, consumed by their thoughts. Natalia's green eyes meet mine and her eyes ask an unsaid question: What are we going to say? . "We tell him the truth." I say. Her eyes darken and she glances away. He needs to hear it from us...he will understand... She suddenly stops and turns to me. Her hair whips around and her green eyes are filled with anger. "How can we just tell him? Do we just plain out say that we could die?" She asks. "Natalia...we've done this before...its just like every other time." I respond. ...But this isn't like every other time...this is a suicide mission... She shakes her head. "We both know that isn't true. You are a terrible liar Steve." Do we tell him...what do we do? She bites her lip. "I think we should tell him...be blunt and honest. He takes after you...he will understand and support our decision." I agree with her....she is forgetting one thing, he will want to come with us... I realize we are having what would normally be a private conversation in an extremely public place. Natalia seems unfazed as she focuses on me. "Fine we tell him the truth...no secrets...no mellowing it down...loud and clear." I say. She starts to pull me towards the elevator. "Glad we got that over with. I am always terrible at arguing when it comes to you Steve Rogers."

Wow...this is the 70th chapter...I cannot believe We have come this far...sorry for all the nostalgic thoughts it is just...I am AMAZED at how far this has come in such a short amount of time...

Also would you guys like to hear from Hank Pym (Ant-Man) or Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)? I cannot decide which voice I would like to use so I figured I would let my readers have a say (:

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx