JAMES-"Typical Barton"

*The picture above is Francis, James' costume is shown in a previous chapter

Azari and I leave his apartment/dorm room. We walk down the hall to the sitting area where we left Francis. I can hear his voice from here. "...Then I took my bow, nocked an explosive arrow, and shot it perfectly into the helicopter blades." I listen to him pause for effect. I've heard this story so many times, and each time the story gets bigger and more dangerous. I was there when it happened, but for whatever reason I never appear in his stories. "Kaboom. The Helicopter was blown clean out of the air. As it fell I dived behind an SUV I had taken out moments ago. BOOM. It exploded. James was lying on the ground-" I interrupt. OH NO. He crossed the line. He was the one laying on the ground. I saved HIS SORRY HIDE. "That's not how I remember it Francine." I smile coyly. I turn the corner to see him sitting in a chair surrounded by four girls, two guys, and three kids. Typical Barton. Always drawing a crowd. He glares at me. "Francine?" one of the kids asks and starts to giggle. I walk over. "Francis here was lying on the ground curled up trying to protect himself from the explosion. Had I not been there he would have died. I took my shield and protected him from the blast." Francis rolls his eyes. "I would've been fine." His eyes beg me to stop. "Storytime is over." he says abruptly. He stands up and quickly leaves. His "audience" groans and slowly follows his lead. "Rogers" he growls. "Barton" I respond. We had given him specific instructions to go and build some arrows, but apparently he had done everything, but what he was supposed too. "Wasn't someone supposed to be in the workshop right now?" He unbuckles something he has around his shoulders. He is holding his quiver. He shakes it in my face. "You hear that? That's the sound of ten explosive arrows, three grappling hooks, a skittles arrow, two putty arrows, four icer arrows, a net arrow, five gas arrows, and fifteen traditional arrows. And what have you been doing? Printing a map?" He has actually done quite a bit of work. Only one thing puzzles me. "Why the skittles arrow?" He shrugs. "Because skittles are awesome." I don't understand him sometimes. Azari laughs. "I can't argue with that." Kitty pops her head through a wall. I jump in surprise. "Don't you boys move. You hear me? You are not allowed to see her dress until the day of the gala." With that, she disappears. I don't really care, but I guess it has some significance to the girls. I turn to Azar. "Is Kitty always like that?" I ask. "Usually worse." I shudder at the thought. Francis shrugs and pulls out an arrow to admire it. "I love arrows." he says. "Francis and James" a voice that I now recognize to be Xavier calls to us from down the hall. He wheels towards us. "I called in a favor. I figured you might be in combat during your time in Latveria and I figured you would appreciate these. He holds out two boxes. I take the one with my name on it. Inside is a black costume with a red star on the front. It is a merge of my mother and father's costumes. There are combat boots in the box as well. Francis slings his quiver over his shoulder and opens his box. Inside is a black and white costume. A blend of his parents costumes as well. These are truly a gift.

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx