FRANCIS-Run

Three Years Earlier....
Never have I been more content than when I am holding the weapons of my parents. My mother's staves, and my father's bow are the most beautifully crafted weapons ever created. Mom's staffs are made of a light metal that is easy to swing and spin. The maneuverability and efficiently of the staves is only surpassed by my father's bow. My dad always used to say he never missed. I never believed him until I realized he was saying that there is no miss and hit, its all the same, what you hit ultimately was your target and you must claim responsibility for it.

When I was a child, my father let me hold his bow. He would gaze down upon me and chuckle as I stroked the bowstring and was enchanted by it's beauty. He would then take the bow from me and say, "someday little Francis, someday you will understand." He would then take it and lay it on the table out of my reach. When the day came for my lessons, I was more than ready. Never had I wanted toy cars or plush animals, all I wanted were bows and arrows. I remember my first one, I think it was plastic with suction cup arrows...Yeah I broke it in a matter of hours.

When my dad finally presented me with a bow of my own I was so excited. I started running towards it, but before I could reach out and grab it I was snatched off the ground by my mother. "Bobbi, he wants to learn my trade first" my father laughed. She set me down and smiled. "Go Francis you can learn from me when you are ready." She said. I took off running towards my prize. That beautiful bow had been crafted for me. "Come on little Bullseye" he called. That was my nickname until he realized Bullseye was infact the name of a notorious assassin...then he reverted to calling me Francis.

I'll never forget that first lesson, take responsibility for every shot. He showed me with experience how to never miss. With time my fingers hardened and my eyes became toned to picking a target. The bow and quiver became a part of me. I was one with my weapons. Every sense was keen. Soon I decided I wanted to learn from my mom, a master spy. In between her missions she taught me hand to hand combat. She taught me balance, grace, strength, and tact. She showed me how to act and keep my emotions hidden how to lock pain away inside. By the time I was 12 I was ready to enter the world of spies and heroes, Ready to become an Avenger so I thought. I walked to Avenger's mansion and demanded that J.A.R.V.I.S. give me a badge and let me in. I wanted to fight my parent's battles. As I grew older my parents spent less time with me and more time with the world, defending it.

I didn't know what to do with my time. I couldn't go to school because "technically" I don't exist, I'm just a shadow of my parents. So what did I do? I trained. Everyday. I hid my emotions, I trained my heart, my mind, and my body to resist pain and treachery. I read every guide, every manual, every mission analysis I could get my hands on. I never realized my parents had stopped coming home. I was so focused on myself that I was blind to the rest of the world. Until one day I turned on the TV and I realized what I had lost. My parents were dead. I didn't even weep. I kept my emotions inside as I had trained myself to adapt. Within 15 minutes, I was gone. I had been prepared, not for them to die, but for the need to run. I had everything, fake ID, money, clothes, and some food hidden in a bag. I threw my birth certificate in their for good measure. The last thing I grabbed were my parents weapons. For some reason they had left them in their room, as if they knew they were not coming back. As if they wanted to leave me something to hang on too. Someday I'll discover what happened to them, someday I'll be worthy of their legacy. But someday is not today. Today I hide my identity like a secret until I find a reason to unmask myself for the world.

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx