I would have died out of embarrassment if I wasn't used to my best friend occasionally picking my outfits.

"It's pretty warm for February so you'll only have to wear your beige jumper jacket," Reece said, pulling out the jacket from my closet and placing it in my arms. "This skirt will do with these tights and this bodysuit. Now go change into this while I find the right wedges for this outfit." Reece closed the door behind him while he ventured out to find my black boots in the design of wedges. 

It didn't take long for me to change into my outfit and placed the roses in a vase. "Where are we going?" I asked Reece while he ushered for me to take a seat on the bench in the foyer. 

"A place I think you'll love," Reece answered while I put on my shoes. 

I perked up. "Are we going to finally try that Night Stars place with the rumoured exquisite steaks?"

Reece shook his head. "I thought we'd avoid that place for the time being for certain reasons."

I nodded my head in understanding. Certain reasons meaning Rapax; a deceased villain we didn't want to be reminded of. Then, from the corner of my eye, I notice a duffle bag near the front door. "What's in the bag?"

"Stuff we need for the place we're heading to," Reece replied back and stood up, having finished putting on my shoes. He walks over to the front door and picks up the bag. Once he secured it over his shoulder, he stretches his hand out towards me. "Ready?" 

I stared at Reece's hand as if he grew an extra thumb. The idea of holding his hand felt surreal to me. Sure, holding hands was something we'd do all the time as kids but now, I suddenly felt nervous and excited at the same time; it was an odd feeling. 

I didn't even realize that my hand was already in his and that we were already walking towards the elevators. 

Funny how love can induce people with memory loss. All I could focus on was Reece's hand engulfing mine and the warmth emitting from his close proximity. I didn't mind being stuck in this trance. I let Reece guide me through the busy streets of New York. 

The only thing that managed to awaken me from my lovestruck situation was the sudden ringtone from my cell phone. I used my free hand to check my notification.

"Who is it?" Reece asked curiously.

I smiled. "It's Bailey. She's wishing me good luck." 

Reece pouts. "And not me?" 

I shook my head and laugh. "Bay says that Chasity's telling you not to screw up."

Reece scoffs and pulls me closer to him which I didn't know was possible at this point. He smiles down at me confidently. "I won't. Not tonight."

I blush and we come to stop. I finally take this time to examine where we are. "Central Park," I exclaim in excitement. Specifically, we were at the ice rink where countless couples with skating together, enjoying each other's companies and the scenery of green in the middle of a  heavily urban area. 

Just as I was about to say how I loved Reece's idea for our date, my phone rang again, ruining the moment. 

I glanced warily at my screen. "It's my dad," I informed Reece, "telling me I have to be home by nine." 

Reece's face fell. "What? He agreed with me for ten." My best friend groans, running his free hand through his hair. "No matter. We still have a lot of time." He leads me towards the benches and the two of us proceed to put on our skates that Reece was carrying in his duffle bag.

I just finished putting on my skates when my phone rang once again.

"I really want to shut your phone off indefinitely," Reece murmured incoherently while frowning adorably.