A Bond

A few minutes earlier...
Jazz P.O.V

I swear imma kill Miko. I understand younglings are foolish but lying is unacceptable. And boy did that girl lie.

My engine rumbled in frustration. I was tracking Ace's signal after finding out what was going on. Miko should know better than trying to bring Ace to school...wait what?
I slammed on my brakes and internally frowned.

Why was the signal away from the school?

"Miko ah swear!" I growled spinning my wheels and changing direction.

^^^

Ace P.O.V

I heard footsteps near the front door. They grew closer at each passing moment. Damn it, those jerks who brought me here came back I thought clutching the photo a little tighter. I tried to activate my blade, only to scare them off, but my spark was to wound up.
A hand (human) was placed on my shoulder. I looked up expecting smug green eyes.

That's not what I saw.

Instead there were concerned blue ones.
My eye twitched oddly enough and brought up a puzzling scan: mech - unknown origin - Jazz

"Jazz?" I whispered. A little smile formed on his face. "Yeah, it's me. Dis just a holoform." Jazz said patting his chest. Something in my mechanical eye clicked and the scan changed from unknown origin to holoform. "What are you doing here?" I asked trying to stop my voice from quivering. Jazz lifted his hand off my shoulder and held it out. "Ah came to get 'cha. Thinking its about time ya came home." Jazz said. I tucked the photo in my pocket and wiped the tears away. "Yeah...that sounds good." I said grasping his outstretched hand. His fingers wrapped around mine and he pulled me up. Once I was on my pedes I expected him to let go, but he didn't. Instead he pulled a little more and I found myself in his embrace. It was surprising to the point where I let my emotions slip. Warm tears trickled down from my optics.
"You don't need ta say nothin'. Ah know ya need a hug." Jazz said softly. "How do you now that?" I hiccuped resting my head on his shoulder. His chest vibrated with a small laugh. "Well, ah think we've got a bond." He said. His laugh was contagious and it brought a little smile, even though I didn't know what a bond was.

^^^

Some time later...

"So she isn't here?" Miko asked annoyed. "No. I thought she was with you." Optimus said confused. He and Ratchet had been discussing on where to send Cometstrike for special training when Miko suddenly stormed in, literally. Her face was dark as a storm cloud and her heavy stomps were loud as thunder. First thing she asked was where Ace was. "Can you tell us what you were doing?" Ratchet asked. "She was supposed to be helping me but I turn my back for one second and she's gone!" Miko said frustrated. She had gotten a very low grade for not having a project.
Optimus and Ratchet exchanged glances before looking back at Miko. "Where we're you two working on this project?" Optimus asked. Miko opened her mouth to respond but stopped when the door to the base opened. Jazz drove in with his alto mode. Ace was asleep in the backseat.

"Call off tbe search party. Ah found Shorty." Jazz said through his radio. "Very good Ja-"
"Where is she! I need to gice her a piece of my mind." Miko said clenching her fists. Jazz activated his holoform and it appeared before the angry teen. "How 'bout I give you this." Jazz said sternly. Miko had a confused look on her face right before Jazz smacked her across the face. "What the!-"
"That was for lying to meh." Jazz paused to smack her again.
"That was for bringing Shorty to ya school." again he slapped her. "And that 'cause I found Ace traumatized in a burnt house. And this-"
"Jazz. That is enough." Optimus said. Jazz stopped his hand in mid swing. He glanced at Optimus, before looking back at Miko. "You lucky Prime is 'ere, else I would have neen slappin' you till Thursday." Jazz said before deactivating his holoform and continuing to drive down the base.
"I will have a word with him later." Optimus said. "I hope its more than one." Miko grumbled rubbing her red cheeks.

Soooooo terribly sorry about the extreme lack of updates but High School has got me busy.
Hope the fluff scene with Ace and Jazz made up for it though
*throws fluff* :D