Foreboding

Silas narrowed his eyes as the Recovery Team's helicopter landed. The sudden explosion had forced MECH retreat and relocate. His jaw tightened at the shameful memory. The blades began to slow down and the team exited the helicopter. "Silas, sir." They all said saluting. Silas nodded at them and locked eyes with the captain. "Thomas, what is your report." Silas said dismissing the other members of the recovery team. They saluted again and headed into the new base. Thomas strode over to Silas. "I believe we now know the cause of that explosion." Thomas said. "Oh?" Silas said raising an eyebrow. "My theory is that something reacted to the dark energon thus causing the explosion." Thomas said. "A theory? So you are unsure if it was the sole cause." Silas said. Thomas nodded. "Well I see not all of it was destroyed. You're message said your team recovered a single shard." Silas said turning his gaze towards the helicopter. "Yes sir . . . we also found Luke or we found Luke's remains." Thomas said in a regretful tone. "A minor casualty." Silas said not caring that his nephew was dead. "Er...yes well there should be enough left to use on Ace in an emergency." Thomas said after awkwardly clearing his throat. "You found it as well." Silas said quickly turning his eyes back to Thomas. The Recovery captain looked at him confused. "No sir, I thought Ace had already been transported here." Thomas said. "Ace is currently unaccounted for." Silas growled. "Well my Recovery Team did find something else that could be significant to Project Genesis." Thomas said. Silas looked at him in interest. Thomas turned and walked back towards the helicopter. "What is it you did find." Silas said coming up beside Thomas and looking inside. Beside the purple glowing crate and bag of ashes was a body bag. "My team found this in the basement level." Thomas said pulling back the zipper and revealing the body.
It was a woman.
Silas grinned. "You are right, Thomas, this is a good opportunity for Project Genesis." Silas said. He briefly glanced at the crate then back at the body. "Ace was revived after we put that Allspark shard inside of it. I can't wait to find out what happens when we put the dark energon inside of Mary." Silas said smirking.