Last Day As Human

I was watching from the window of mom's house. A plane wizzed by and transformed before my very eyes. It turned in the direction of two other robots, one black the other lime green. They charged the plane robot and he attacked them. All three clashed together. Mom grabbed my hand and pulled me away from the window. "What are you doing, we have to leave." She said. We started running for the door. I heard an explosion and the building rocked. Mom looked fearfully at the now broken window. She reached down and pulled back the rug. Her house wasn't in the safest location, so she made a secret area beneath the floorboards. Mom pulled open the hatch and placed me inside. "Listen to me and stay here. Don't come out and pray to God that everything will be okay." Mom said releasing my hand placing me inside. "Stay with me." I whimpered. She shook her head. "I'm sorry ,but there's only room for one." She said as tears streamed from her eyes. Ignoring my protests, she shut the hatch and threw the rug back over. I heard her run to another part of the house and then there was silence. I was alone in the dark and I was scared. The only sound was my own breath. Then I felt the ground trembling. I heard wood breaking and glass shattering. A loud ringing filled my ears as a blinding light filtered from the floorboards. I heard Mom scream. Ignoring what she said I forced open the hatch. The house was on fire. Everywhere was smoke and flames. I covered my mouth and climbed out. "Mommy!" I screamed. The smoke made my eyes water and the flame's heat made my skin flush. "MOMMY!" I screamed louder. I suddenly erupted into a coughing fit. I collapsed onto the floor clutching my throat. I heard a crack and looked up. Through my watery eyes I saw one of the beams cracking. I tried to get out of ranged but the beam broke and crashed onto my legs. I let out a hoarse scream as my legs burned. I reached out and grabbed the closest thing; a large metal bowl that once held fruits. I placed the bowl over my head and held it in place with my hands. There was another crack and a burning beam crashed onto me. My hands burned and the bowl cut into the back of my neck. There was agonizing pain as I prayed to God to make it stop. Someone must have heard me because I slipped away and felt nothing no more.

Silas stepped out of the car and narrowed his eyes. "You said they were here." Silas said. "They were, sir. Look at the damage." A MECH soldier said. Silas looked over at the burnt house. "See if there is anything." Silas said. Two MECH soldiers nodded and hurried over to the remains. "Silas sir we found something!" One called. "Well what is it." Silas barked.
"A girl, sir."
"Alive?"
"No, sir."
"Bring her here."
The two men pushed away burned wood and pulled something out. They carried it over and placed it in front of Silas. Silas stared. It was the remains of a little girl. Her entire lower half was gone along with half her arms. Her hair was burned away as well. "What should we do with her, sir." One said. Silas hummed in thought. "Do we still have those parts that were too small for Project Chimera." Silas said. The MECH soldiers nodded. "Load her up. Let's see what we can do with them." Silas said. The two soldiers glanced at each other before loading up her remains. "We're heading back to base." Silas said getting back into the car.