Recollection

Melanie POV

I still couldn't get over the feeling of running with Barry, of course it usually lit my clothes on fire but there was nothing to compare to the rush it gave me. I was sitting in a chair in the Arrow Cave, Oliver didn't like me or anyone really calling it the Arrow Cave, he called it headquarters or HQ but Felicity and I always called it the Arrow Cave. Barry sitting right next to me, our hands intwined. He hadn't let go of me since Oliver handed me off to him back at H.I.V.E and I didn't think he would let me go again for a while. Barry's team arrived moments before, Caitlin was talking with Ronnie in hushed voices over in the corner. Cisco was over here with Barry talking about something that I didn't understand, something about the Particle Accelerator.

Damien's words were still loud in my mind as if he were right behind me whispering them over and over again, "I can give you the chance to see your mother again, all you have to do is tell me who The Arrow is." My mother is dead but I had seem him do things that shouldn't be done before so why couldn't he bring my mother back. She's been dead for five years, says the more rational part of my brain. I knew I shouldn't even be thinking about it, but if I could see her one more time. Talk to her. The elevator door opened and my heart gave a small leap. Diggle, Thea, and Laurel all came in talking and Thea was smiling about something. When Oliver and Roy didn't I squirmed a little bit, but no one else seemed concerned.

Another ten minutes passed before someone came in through elevator, it wasn't Oliver, it was Roy. He was breathing heavily and there was blood running from his nose. He hardly glanced at anyone else until he set his eyes on me. I stood up just in time because as soon as I was up I was in Roy's arms. I started crying then, I didn't even care if anyone was watching, or what way they would take it in. I could feel my feet in the air as Roy picked me up a small bit so I wasn't on my tip toes. I didn't let go and neither did he, out of everyone here I knew Roy the best. It wasn't until the elevators opened again to reveal Oliver that Roy let go and even then I could tell that he didn't want to. Oliver walked up to me and stared at me as if I was only a figure of his imagination, when he seemed to decide I was real he pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around him and I felt him sigh in what must have been relief. They hug didn't last nearly as long as the one with Roy. As soon as Oliver pulled away Felicity was near him, she had a hand on his shoulder smiling at me. Barry had also moved, he was now with Caitlin, Ronnie, and Cisco. He looked back at me and said something to them. Roy was still where he had been and I couldn't see Diggle, Laurel, or Thea.

No one had really talked to me since I had gotten rescued, Barry asked if I was hungry or thirsty but that was about it. After a minute I slipped out to change into sweats and a T-shirt that Felicity had brought me from the mansion. When I came back almost everyone was sitting at the conference table, at least that's what it looked like to me. There was a seat between Barry and Roy that I gathered it would be for me. I took my seat quietly keeping my head down, trying not to make eye contact with anyone at the table. They all happened to be staring at me which  hadn't had happened to me since I was in like third grade. After what seemed like forever Cisco finally asked the question that I knew everyone wanted to know, "What happened to you?" Oliver shot a glare at him, but he didn't see it or if he did he didn't care. "Nothing really. I remember being caught and then nothing. I woke up in a cell and it was a while before anyone came to see me. Actually Darhk  brought me to meet some of his ghosts hoping that I would listen and think he wasn't bad news." I left out the part about Jason being there and me stabbing him. "They had given me something to eat a few minutes before and I grabbed the knife. It wasn't much but I was hoping I could injure one and there would be a better weapon I could grab. It didn't go over very well but I did injure one, he could be dead for all I know but I didn't get his weapon in time. Anyway I was dragged back to my cell and had been there until you guys came." I also left out the part of the offer Damien had given to me.

No one said anything they just stared, Barry had moved his hand so he was holding mine. Everyone seemed tense and angry but when I looked at Oliver and Roy I saw pure fury. Even Barry was angrier than I had ever thought he could get. "I'm going to kill him," Roy spat out, he was shaking a bit and I moved to grab his hand. "I'm fine," I try to smile but I knew it wasn't convincing. Roy shook his head, "If he hurt you then you need to tell us," Roy said, he was a bit better I mean the shaking had subsided. "He didn't, I would tell you if he did." I knew it wasn't going to get anywhere with Roy and it didn't seem like it was going far with Oliver either.

Everyone had started asking me questions after I gave up on trying to convince Roy I was okay. and I tried to answer them to the best of my ability. Diggle was the one who finally called everyone off, "Let the girl go home. She's had a bad couple of days and she needs her rest." I shoot him a grateful look as everyone gets up. Laurel looks at me sadly and then she heads over to the elevators. Thea shoots me the same look and follows Laurel. Diggle comes up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder, "I'm glad you're okay kid," he says and then follows Laurel and Thea out. Cisco gives me a small hug and then hurries out. Caitlin and Ronnie surprise me when they make their way up to me. "I'm so sorry about what happened to you. If you ever need anything give us a call," Caitlin says.

Caitlin and I hadn't really ever talked, but she seemed nice and she did help rescue me. Ronnie looks at me and smiles, "You're a brave one." He says. "You're going to be a great hero one day." He puts a hand on my shoulder and squeezes then he leaves with the rest. Everyone had cleared out before I knew it. I was left alone in a room with Oliver, Felicity, Roy, and Barry. It was decided Roy would drive me home in his motorcycle and Barry would meet us back at the house.

The ride home was silent other than the hum of the engine. When we got to the house I went right to my room, and for once left the door open. Barry was sitting on my bed, he must have been waiting. I didn't have the energy to even change my clothes, the events of the past days were just now starting to hit me. I fell asleep in Barry's arms hoping that I would be able to sleep through the night.