The Green Arrow

Melanie POV

Roy had been arguing on his phone for at least fifteen minutes now. I had been waiting at out seat staring out the window. I had asked Roy what he meant about my fighting skills but he had dodged the question. I was starting to wonder if I knew what anyone was talking about these days. I looked up just as Roy came back, he looked flushed but triumphant and if I was being honest a little smug. "Come on. We're going back to the mansion," he says and turns on his heels walking out of Big Belly Burger. I follow slowly, I wasn't sure what had gotten into me but all the sudden I didn't want to go back to the mansion. We got in the car and headed back to the mansion in silence. I didn't try to start a conversation with Roy and he didn't try to start one with me. It wasn't until we reached the turn off to the mansion that I broke the silence, "What's going to happen in there Roy? Why do I feel like entering that house is going to change my whole life?" Roy looked over at me, his expression didn't give anything away. Instead he took my hand and looked me in the eyes. "You were always good with intuition. Always knew what was going to happen before it happens, I use to think you could see the future you know?" He wasn't dodging the question this time, "Melanie if you go in there your life is going to change more than you ever thought it could. But the thing is that the change could go one of two ways, it could be amazing like it was for most of us or it could ruin your life and almost everyone around you. But your life is going to change, no matter what." With that he let go of my hand and we drove into the drive way.

Roy's words had rattled me and now as I got out of my car and walked up to the door of then Queen mansion I felt butterflies in my stomach. I looked to Roy for comfort but he gave me none, he just nodded his head and opened the door. The first thing I see when I enter is Barry, he is standing alone at the bottom of the stairs. I walk over to him about to ask what's going on but he shakes his head. He does give me a small amount of comfort when he smiled encouragingly but not enough to make the butterflies go away. We walk into the room in utter silence, even out footsteps didn't make noise. The living room is as full as it was when I left with the exception of a couple more people. I recognize Iris, as well as her father Joe, and the rest of Barry's friends. I also recognized a lot of Oliver's friends as well. There are a few I don't recognize though, a girl standing near Laurel. Her hair is blonde and she and Laurel look a like. Laurel's sister maybe. There are two other people I don't know, one is a man with glasses, also standing near Ronnie and Caitlin. The other is a boy, maybe 15. He is standing next to Iris and Joe, they looked a like.

I look around the room until I find Oliver, he and Felicity are in the corner of the room talking quietly. I could see from here that he was gripping Felicity's hand as if it was the only thing keeping him sane. Laurel stands up and walks over to Barry and Roy and says something I can't here. Barry nods and comes to stand next to me, "You know most of the people in this room, but there are a few you don't. That over there is Wally West, Iris' s nephew. The other one is Harrison Wells. The girl over there as you might have guessed by their resemblance that is Laurel Lance's sister, Sara Lance." I looked over Sara and Wally smiled and Wells just nodded his head. "But, I thought Harrison Wells died..." Even to me my voice sounded far away. I was expecting Barry to tell me but instead I got an answer from Wells, "That, my dear, is a very long story. Which you can choose to hear only if you want to."

I look around the room, in a way hoping for answers. Nobody says anything they actually all avoid eye contact. "I want to know," I say keeping my voice as even as I can. Oliver looks up his expression is full of pain and something else I couldn't identify. I felt a wave of terror wash over me at the same time Oliver started to speak, "When I first saw you, you were six years old. Your mother had come over to talk to my father, I along with the rest of my family believed that it was about work, because as you know at the time you mother worked for my father. Maybe it was about work but I'm not so sure now. The next time I saw you, you were 13 it was the year before I got stranded on the island. You were so rebellious, I found it funny because in a way you were just like me. The third time I saw you, you were running away from some muggers who wanted to hurt you. I recognized you right away, at first I was afraid we wouldn't get to you in time. Barry and Roy took out the muggers while I got you to safety." I shook my head trying to understand what he was saying, then I remembered the night I was saved by the Green Arrow, The Flash, and The Arsenal. "I thought I could keep this from you, hoped I could keep you out of it but I was stupid to think so. Always so stupid. I'm sorry you know that you have to be dragged into this but it's better for you and for us. Safer for the lot of us." Oliver continued his voice grave. I shook my head trying to deny what was right in front of me. What I knew was true.

Oliver looked at me and I saw it in his eyes, as he confirmed what I already knew, "I am the Green Arrow."