Darhk

After we ate Oliver dropped me off at my apparent. He tried to talk me into letting him stay with me but I just said I needed space. We finally agreed that I would call him when I was ready to go. I walked into the familiar house feeling as if it's been years and not days. All the lights were turned off and I had to walk through the house turning them on. I had just wanted to pack up a few more of my things. I had gotten tired of wearing Thea or Felicity's clothes. I had a duffel bag in my closet and went to dig it out. I quickly threw as much of my clothing as would fit and then shut the bag. I walk into my mothers room and just look around. I grab a picture of the two of us and shut my eyes letting the memory come.

My mom had gotten a raise and just as promised here we were, out side of Disney World in Orlando, Florida. "Let's go! Come on mom let's go!" I said. I had just turned 10 years old and my mother did this for my birthday. She laughed and reached down to take my hand, "Oh my dear Melanie. I love you so much." I smiled and then saw the Mickey Mouse and started running towards him. "Come on mom! Let's get a picture with Mickey! Hurry mom before he leaves!" I got to Mickey and hugged him. My mom walked up and smiled. She pulled out her phone and said, "On the count of three. One. Two-"

There was a knock at the door and I wondered for a minute if maybe it was Oliver. I gently put the picture in my bag and hurried to the door. When I opened it I saw three men in black suits. "Miss. Walker? Or is it Miss. Queen now?" asks the one in the front, "My name is Austin McNeil, I work for a very important person who you seemed to have impressed. My employer,  would like to meet you I front of Queen Consolidated at 3 pm tomorrow." I back up a couple feet and try to keep my voice as calm as possible, "And what if I don't show up?" The man on the far night narrows his eyes. The one in front, Austin, smiles a cool smile before he says, "Well that would be very unfortunate for you." I tense up and back away some more. "We have not been sent to hurt you. Yet. Tomorrow, 3 pm, Queen Consolidated be there. Next time we won't be as nice." With that they bow and turn away.

I shut the door quickly and call Barry who picks up on the second ring. "What?" He snaps. I guess I deserved that. "How fast can you get to my apartment Barry?" I say and I can hear my own voice trembling. "Melanie what happened?" I can hear the sound of wind in the background and before I get a chance to answer Barry is in front of me. He takes one look at me before his arms are around me and I'm crying. "Hey you're okay now. I'm here. Can you tell me what happened?" He tries to soothe me. I nod pull away only long enough so we can sit down on the couch. I tell him the whole thing. It takes longer that it would have if I hadn't been crying. Barry kept rubbing my back and my hair soothing me until I was breathing normally. "Are you going to tell Oliver?" He asks me. I hang thought about thank. If I did tell Oliver he would go crazy. I bite my lip and look at Barry, his eyes are shining with anger and protectiveness. "Not until I know more,"  I say. My tone sounds firm and final and Barry's looks at me as if I a mad woman. "I am going to meet him tomorrow," I say. 

"No! Absolutely not!" He thunders, "Melanie it's too dangerous. You are not risking your life to get some damned information!" His tone is beyond angry and he is shaking so violently I had to move away from him and eventually off the couch. "Barry it's my life. Plus, the men said this person doesn't want to hurt me," I try to keep my voice calm and gentle. Barry finally stopped shaking his eyes are no longer angry but pleading, "Melanie please. Don't go. This person,  could be dangerous. They could hurt you or- or worse." I knew he was right. I mean they sent three men to my door to tell me to show up or I'll be unfortunate. I could only guess what that means. There are so many people I care about and if I don't do this for me I have to do it for them. Just incase he does want to hurt them. "You can come with me. This person will most likely have people with him I can have you with me." It was a stupid idea anyone knew but Barry with a sigh, and a promise, agreed to go with me.

He ran me back to the mansion and all the way up to my room. He left while I changed to go tell Oliver we were back and made up a cover story. When he came back I was in a tank top and some yoga pants. "I came to tell you... Umm.." He was looking at me, no not looking but staring at me. It bit my lip and blushed. "Oh yeah I came to say good- night" he says after a couple minutes of staring. "Barry could you stay with me until I fall asleep? I feel safer when your around. you can get me out of here in a second if you had too" Most of this was true but I wanted him to be with me on what could be my last night. He nods and watches as I crawl into bed. He doesn't move even after I settle in. I roll my eyes and pat the spot next to me. His eyes get wide and he walks over and gets in beside me. I curl up next to him and fall asleep.

When I wake up the next morning Barry is gone. I get up and slowly get ready. I had been replaying the last night over in my head since I woke up trying to find someway around this. I had just gotten out of the shower when I got a knock on my door. "One minute!" I yell. I put on a sweatshirt and sweat and then run to the door. Oliver, in a suit and tie, is standing on the others side of the door.  "Oliver, what are you doing here?" He hands me something in a small box when I open it I see car keys, "They are for the back Porsche I drove yesterday. Now don't think this is charity your only borrowing it until you can get your own." I look down at the keys freezing and not knowing what to say, "T- thanks." I take the box and close the lid. "I have to get ready I'll see you later," I close the door and thorw the keys on my bed. 

I strip out of the sweats and sweat shirt and put on some jeans. I was putting on my bra when someone knocked on the door, "Stay out!" I snapped. I quickly found a gray cheetah print T- shirt and though it one. "Alright, come in," I walk into my bathroom as Barry comes in. He is in a red T-shirt and jeans which makes me smile slightly to myself. "Are you ready?" He asks. I glance at the clock it is 2:36 pm. "As ready as I'll ever be."

We pulled out of the garage in silence and it wasn't until we were pulling up when Barry said, "I don't care about my identity, if this person lays a finger on you then I will get you out of there and then I will make him pay for harming you." Before now I hadn't real how this was. My legs felt weak and my hands were shaking slightly. I kept trying to remind myself to keep my voice even and keep a cool head. I licked my lips and got out of the car. I didn't trust myself to say anything. We walked to the front of the building in silence and in the middle of the crowd were four men.

One in a black suit and the others looking like body guards in black leather. I straighten my back and walk up to him stopping about a yard away. "You must be Miss Melanie Walker," says the man in the suit, "You met some of my employees last night." I can feel Barry stiffen behind me and for the first time the man seems to notice him, "And you are her bodyguard I assume." Barry doesn't say anything. The silence is deafening. I finally decide that everyone is waiting for me to speak,"I came just as you asked. I'm sorry to say I don't trust you although I can't say you deserve my trust. Having your employees black mail me to come here." The mans eyes narrow as he stands there. The man to the right of the one in the suit moves to say something. He whispers it and them steps back in line. "Miss. Walker I believe you are the key to unlocking something that is a mystery to even me," he starts. "The identity of the Starling City vigilantes. As well as the The Flash from Central City." I can feel Barry tenses beside me. My hands ball into fists as I fight to keep my calm. "Now why would I help you being down hero's?" I demand keeping my voice as cool as I can, "I don't even know who you are and even if I did how could I be able to help? I was only saved by them once and I don't even know how you know about that. The hero's," I say dragging out the word, "have saved multiple lives not just mine. And as I said before I don't know who you are." Barry is tense beside me his eyes on me as of I was the only thing holding him together. The tree men look to their leader as he says the next works, "My name is Damien Darhk."