The Kiss

I knew where I was going before I even got out of the bed. I quietly went into the gym part of the mansion. Barry was running laps in the gym. I laugh and he comes to a screeching stop on front of me, "Well hi there speedy." He laughs and does another lap, "Hey." I roll my eyes and which makes him smirk, "Showoff." He laughs again and pulls his mask down. "How did you know I was here?" I look around and lead him to a bench near the edge of the gym. "Well when I'm angry it usually helps when I run," I say eyeing his suit. "I wasn't angry!" He snaps glaring at the floor. I only smile a small sad smile. I couldn't help but smile more when he glares at me. I had to admit he was cute when he was angry. Well, he was cute when he wasn't angry too. "Yes you are. I just don't know why," I take a deep breath and continue, "I wish I did though. I hate that your upset especially because your upset with me." He looks at me his eyes are sad. I reach my hand out and put it on top of his. For a minute he doesn't move and then he pulls his hand away. "No," he says, "You and Jason. That's it. I can't do this!" He gets up and starts to walk away.

I sit there for only a fraction of a second then I am running after him. I grab his arm and yank him back. "Stop!" I snap at him. "Me and Jason we are friends! That's all! And you have no right to think otherwise!" I glare at him and he glares back. If looks could actually kill we would both be dead on the floor, I though silently to myself. "You can't tell me who I can be with because we aren't together!" I clench my hands into fists at my side. He looks at me and for the first time since I met him I can see anger, no rage in his eyes. "You think that your so smart! You don't know anything! Not about me or Oliver or anyone! You can't make me act like I am going to be nice to the man who tried to kill you! Even I he has a twin brother if I can't find one I can't hate the other!" He snaps. I flinch back from his words, not because they hurt, which they did, but because in a way they were true. I didn't know Oliver. I didn't know Barry. So what made me think that I did? Instead of backing off I said the last thing I expected to say. "Why does it matter to you what happens to me?" His expression is unreadable he seems to be making a decision of some sort. Before I know it his lips are on mine.

At first I don't move. I'm frozen where I am but soon my body molds into his. My lips move with his. The kiss isn't gentle or rough. It's urgent. I find myself twisting my arms around his neck and pulling myself up onto my tip toes. His arms wrap themselves around me pulling me closer to him. Time seems to stop and for a minute it feels like we are the only two people in the world. Then it's over. He pulled away from me and runs out of the room. I don't call for him or chase after him. He could be halfway to Florida by now if he wanted to be. No, I just stand there staring after him. The world seems to be spinning. I couldn't believe what had just happened. I take deep breaths to try and calm myself to get everything back into focus but I can't. I wobble back to my room where I find Jason still asleep. I didn't want to be with Jason right now so I walk down to the living room. The world slowly but surely coming back into focus.

I could hear voices in the living room an stop to listen. I hear Roy, Caitlin, Cisco, Ronnie, Laurel, and Iris. I walk into the room feeling relieved when I didn't see Barry even though I knew he wasn't in there. I could see concerned looks on the faces of Iris, Caitlin, Ronnie, Cisco, and Laurel. The only one who seemed calm and collected was Roy. "What's going on?" I demand. Iris looks from Caitlin to Cisco and they nod, "Barry ran away. I came here to tell him I was headed back to Central City and he raced right pass me like he didn't care I was here." I could tell Iris was on the verge of tears. What should I say that it was my fault he was gone because we kissed. How would that help anyone? "Look he will be back Iris. There's someone here he cares about" said Roy. I quickly look at him and I can tell by the look in his eyes that he knew. Somehow he knew about the kiss and I was about to blow everything up but I had to ask, "You saw?" Everyone looks at me and then to Roy who only nods. "Saw what? What did you see Roy?!" Iris snaps at him. "Barry will be back Iris I can't tell you why or how I know but I do," Roy's eyes never left mine. He kept a steady gaze the whole time.

It was my turn to answer Iris's question I knew before she turned and asked, "What did Roy see Melanie? What happened to Barry?" Her voice was a mix of anger and worry. I finally tear my gaze from Roy and direct it to her, "Barry and I," my voice was grave, almost sad, "We were fighting. I asked him why he cared so much about what happened to me and then he kissed me. I kissed him back too. Then he pulled away and ran off." I couldn't stand to look at Iris anymore. She was hurt almost crying but then she looked up and nodded, "Then he will be back." She left the room with Caitlin hurrying behind her. I look to someone for help, Ronnie says, "She was in love with him. She didn't know it but she was." He follows them out and Cisco smiles at me them joins them. The only people left in the room were me, Laurel, and Roy. Laurel quickly realizes she should leave me and Roy alone and hurries out of the room.

"What were you doing when you saw?" I ask in a quiet voice. I didn't know if I had the energy to fight or yell. I didn't know if I had the energy to do anything but sit down. "I was looking for Barry. I knew he was upset and he liked to run when he was upset. So I saw you two I heard you arguing and then there was silence. I peeked in to make sure you were okay and I saw you guys kissing. I looked away and came down here" I stand there refusing to speak. I didn't know if I were ashamed or angry. Why should I be ashamed if kissing Barry? It wasn't as if me and Roy were together. And Barry was single for all I knew. "I'm not going to apologize if that's what you were thinking," I say making up my mind. He only smile and laughs a small laugh, "I wasn't asking you to."

I stare at him trying to find the boy I once knew. He had changed, he was no longer the mugger and bad-boy I once slept with, but a strong, truthful, and kind man. Not the boy I had met five years ago. "Do you remember when we first met?" He asks as if reading my mind. I smile and nod, "Yeah. Of course." I think back to the day I met Roy remembering how I almost hit him with her car. "My mom almost hit you with my car," I laugh at the memory and see him glare jokingly and then smile. He looks down at his phone and then back up at me, "Yeah. I was going off on your mom and you snapped at me. We clicked right after that. You know I still remember your first kind words to me. They were 'You're really cool. Heres my number call me if you want' and then you walked away. You were always so confident." I laugh and then look at him incredulous, "I was practically dying the whole time I was talking to you." He laughed and then his expression became serious again. He reminded me so much of Oliver. "Melanie if you have feelings for Barry go for it." He walked away leaving me standing alone in the room.