Rescue Party

Oliver POV

"I think I may know where Melanie is," Felicity said. The words hit me and for a second all I could think about was my sister safe and sound. My eyes focus back on Felicity, "Where is she and how do we get in?" I pull out a chair and sit down at the table with her, shooting a quick text to the team and Barry. Most likely Barry would get his team involved in this, more involved than they already were. "Well as you know I have been doing some research into H.I.V.E, well earlier today I got into their system. It seems they have a couple prison cells, holing cells is what they call them. But I don't think that they are just holding people for over night observation," Felicity is talking while she was typing something into the computer system. "Felicity the point?" I ask trying to keep my voice from getting to harsh. Usually I loved her rambling but right now I just wanted to know where I was going and how I was going to get in and out with my younger sister. 

I knew right when she asked I should have said no. This just proved I should have listened to my instinct, but I also knew everyone else was right when they said it would be more dangerous for her not to know and to be pulled into it from someone else. But I should have never allowed her onto the field with us. "Oliver, I know you are blaming yourself right now. But you made the right choice letting Melanie do this. Because if you would have said no, you would have been deciding her life for her. I don't have to read you're mind to see know what you are thinking, I just have to look at you." Felicity had turned away from her computer and was facing me, she had her hand on top of mine. "If I would have said no..." I start but Felicity cuts me off. "Do you really think that if you said no that would have stopped her. It didn't stop Laurel or Thea. She would have found someone else to train her, she would have found a more dangerous way and who knows she could have ended up where she is sooner. It is not you're fault Oliver. Right now we can find her and get her back safely so lets get to work." 

Felicity explains to me that she hacked into their system and found out that they had gotten a new prisoner almost three days ago. But she couldn't tell who it was, they didn't put in a name. There wasn't much actually. Just now another one of the twelve cells now had someone inside it. 

The team arrived right around the time Felicity got done explaining. I gave them a brief summary of what Felicity had found out about H.I.V.E. We started trying to come up with a plan, but Felicity kept finding reasons that they wouldn't work out. It took us till noon until we finally had something that headquarters, well it was different. We couldn't actually move until night fall so I spent the rest of the day sparing with Diggle or shooting my bow. The hours seemed to last forever until finally we could move out. 

We headed out Diggle driving a van with Thea and Laurel inside and Roy and I both on our motorcycles. 

Melanie POV

I closed my eyes, it that I have spent months instead of days in this cell. I was starting to wonder if Oliver and the team were even coming for me. I was laying on my back on the cell floor I couldn't feel others eyes on me. Ever since Jack had come to visit me other prisoners had been watching me. Jack hadn't come back but Darhk had, if my calculations were right it was only two hours ago when he had come. he told me that Jason would be okay, he also said that my reaction was just as he suspected. Apparently it was some kind of test that I passed I with flying colors. 

I can't say that I didn't feel bad for hurting Jason, the guilt had kicked in right after Jack left. I'd paced around my floor of my cell for almost thirty minutes afterwards. I glanced out the small window towards the back of the room, it was dark now, the sky outside held no light of the day. With a sigh I moved towards the small cot in the corner of the cell. I laid down and closed my eyes again. I wondered if I would ever go free, if I would get to see the light of day again or would I die before I got the chance. 

I was just drifting off when I heard the footsteps approach, they stopped at the door of my cell. When I opened my eyes I saw Darhk standing on the outside of my cell. "Twice in one day? I should be honored," I say with sarcasm. I hear Darhk chuckle a little bit, "Yes perhaps you should. Jason has been asking to see you. He woke up about an hour ago." I feel my heart flutter, if I was being honest to myself I wanted to see Jason too. I wanted to tell him I was sorry and that I didn't mean it. I wanted to feel his arms around me, feel the safety he once brought me. But the other part, the bigger part of me didn't care what he wanted. In fact I wished he was dead, I wanted him to know that he had hurt me. That he had broken a relationship that he was not going to be able to repair. "Would you like to see him?" I opened my mouth to say no, but then closed it again. "I understand," said Damien, and for some reason I knew that he did. "Jason betrayed you but in your heart he is still your best friend and you still care for him deeply. If I were you I would talk to him, you don't want to end up regretting something you didn't do." There was something in his voice that made me look up at him. He was looking down at me, although his expression gave nothing away. "I came for one other reason," he said. "I want to offer you the chance to be free and to be safe from me and H.I.V.E in the future. Not only that but I can give you the chance to see your mother again, all you have to do is tell me who The Arrow is." 

His words hit me like wrecking balls, my mother was dead but I had seen Darhk do things in my time here. I had heard about things he had done from Oliver. Maybe he could give me the chance to see my mother again. I opened my mouth to say something but before I got a chance an alarm went off. The power went out and all that I could see was a red blinking light. I heard Damien say something in a langue I didn't understand. I could hear his footsteps leave the room as the prisoners started to panic. I didn't have a weapon to use but I knew how to fight if I had to. 

For a while nothing happened, all you could hear was the alarm, it must have been at least 15 minutes. I had finally sat down when someone burst through the door. My head snapped up and I leapt to my feet ready for whoever was coming. They stop in front of my cell and I see the familiar hood, I gasp and take a step backed shocked to see Oliver standing in front of me unlocking the cell. He didn't say anything just grabbed my hand and we started to run. At the end of the door I saw Barry, he was standing in front of a row of knocked out guards. "Get her out of here!" Oliver commanded passing me over to Barry. Barry nodded and picked me up speeding away.

Oliver POV

Barry disappeared and I went back to find my team. It was hard work getting in to this place and I knew it would be harder getting out. Now that Barry was gone it would be even worse, although if we needed him I knew he'd be back. His team had come to help. Ronnie and Stein were merged to become FIRESTORM and he was working with Caitlin who had become known as the hero Frost. Cisco had become Vibe, they worked together with Barry as a team and were now helping me out.

I hadn't come with trouble yet, which worried me about as much as it pleased me. "I heard Ronnie's voice on the other side of the the earpiece, "Vibe, Frost, and FIRESTORM are out and safe." I nodded and gave a sigh of relief. I heard Laurel's voice only five minutes later, "Spartan, Speedy, and Black Canary are out." Only Roy was left, "Arsenal?" I say and head to where I left my motorcycle. When I get up there I see Roy fighting off several ghosts. I load my bow and shoot. Roy and I work as a team to fend off the ghosts, shooting arrows and throwing punches.Finally they were all down and most were out cold. 

It was to easy, getting in and out. Getting Melanie back. It was all to easy. I think to myself as I ride off back to HQ.