Chapter 61 Ne's Father

En başından başla

"Okay, sounds like a good way to start." Lucifer agreed. Lucy reaches out and holds his hand, Lucifer simply chuckles and they walk off through the street.

----------------------------

Without realizing it...the three of them were being watched by a man...hiding in the shadow of a building and looks directly at the little girl.

"Natalie..."

---Later---

"Excuse me, sir." Lucy calls out to the man that owns the store they were currently in.

"Yes." The man responded.

"Yes, I am looking for a...?" Lucy turns to look at Lucifer.

"Charlie M. Flair...the father of this little girl." Lucifer said and lifts Ne up.

"I never heard of a man named that...but what is the girl's name...maybe that will refresh a memory for me." The man said.

"Natalie...but she has no last name...Ne for short." Lucifer tells him.

"Ne?"

"Ne...the N of the first letter of her name and E of the last letter." Lucy explained.

"Ah, I see...well...I'm sorry, I don't know anything." The man said and hands Ne a lollipop. "Are you friends of the father?"

"No...I found Ne in the streets and I took her in to live with me and my girlfriend. We are trying to find her father in this town or any clues to where he might be." Lucifer told him.

"I see...well...good luck and I hope you find something." The man tells them as they walk out. They continue to walk down the street and stop by the side of building to cross the street.

"Nothing...I don't believe it..." Lucifer groans.

"We'll find something, I know we will." Lucy encouraged him.

"I know...come on, Ne. Let's try one more store before we go-?!" Lucifer said as they start to walk but stopped when Ne wasn't moving...she was holding his hand and Lucy's as always but she didn't move with them. Lucifer turns to look and sees her staring behind her...right at a crowd of people. Lucifer tries to follow her gaze...and spots a man in his possible twenties staring right at them.

Who is that? Lucifer thinks. From the distances, Lucifer can see how the man looked like. Dark brown hair that was smoothed back, a blue jacket and a tan dress pants, he had a small beard under his chin and blue eyes...

"Pa...pa..." Ne muttered out. And Lucifer's eyes widened.

"That's your papa, Ne?" Lucifer quickly asked. But before she could answer, her father walks out...no...he starts to run away. "H-Hey! Wait!!"

"Papa!" Ne shouted out as Lucifer let's go of Ne and Lucy holds her back as Lucifer runs after him. Lucifer managed to get past the crowd and spots the man running through the alley way. Lucifer decides to use his shadow magic to get to the roof and the chases continue as Lucifer looks down below to see the man still running. Lucifer takes the chance as the man looks over his shoulder and Lucifer jumps down. Landing right in front of the man as his head looks back to the front...only to see Lucifer standing in his way.

"No more running." Lucifer said as the man stops but falls on the floor in the process. Lucifer watched the man panting from all the running...they were both dead silent until Lucifer spoke. "Are you...Ne's father?"

"..." the man was silent...

"Are you Charlie Flair?" Lucifer asked and by the expression on the man's face confirmed that he was really Ne's father. "...Natalie is your daughter..."

"...Y...Yes..." the man sounded shameful as he spoke.

"Your daughter is right there...she was in front of you and you just go and run off...why?" Lucifer asked.

"I...I can't..." Charlie said as he stood up.

"Can't what?"

"...I can't...be with...that...thing..." Lucifer eyes stared at disbelief at what he called Ne...what he called to his own daughter. "She...isn't my daughter...she is something else. Her mother...I thought I loved her but...when she..."

"..." Lucifer was dead quiet as he listens on. His hair hiding his eyes as Charlie continues.

"When she said she was pregnant...I didn't want that...there is no way I can...afford to be a father...especially about her mother being an experiment..." Charlie stopped...Lucifer eyes were wide with fear and disbelief...his hands were shaking at the thought...the theory that popped in his head at what Charlie was talking about...

"...You...she told you of her kidnapping...you hid her...loved her but..." Lucifer spoke slowly but was turning to a tone of anger. "...she didn't love you...you impregnated her...so you sent her off...told the sick freak where she was...it was you..."

"...I'm so sorry..."Charlie had just confirmed that Lucifer's theory was right by saying those three words.

"...Bastard...how can you disown her to being treated like a rat?!" Lucifer anger was swelling to the top. "You killed her...you sold her off!!!"

"...Lucifer..." Lucifer's anger subsides when he heard Lucy's voice and looks over Charlie to see her...and Ne...standing right there...it didn't take long for him to figure out that they heard.

"...I'm sorry..." Charlie repeated and looks at Ne. "I didn't want this to happen..."

"Papa-"

"I'm not your father...you are not my daughter..." Ne's eyes showed the hurt she is feeling hearing that...Charlie looks back to Lucifer. "I will pay and send money for her school and food and-"

"No..." Lucifer stopped him with his eyes hidden again under his hair.

"..."

"Get out of my sight...I don't want to hear from you again and stay away from Ne..." Lucifer tone was pure venom. His hands shaking in anger...as Charlie walks past him and away. A minute passes by when he starts to hear Ne crying...

"...Papa..." Ne said with tears pouring down her cheeks. Lucy was on her knee hugging Ne from behind and crying for the little girl. Lucifer could feel tears rolling down his cheeks as he walks over to the two and kneels down...and hugs Ne and Lucy together in his arms.

"I'm sorry, Ne..." Lucifer could only muster out to say that. Letting Ne cry in his shoulder for a while...until he realized that he had something to do...He let's go of the two. "Come on...I need to say something to that man right now...

---Later---

Lucifer finally walks out of the new mayor's house...waiting outside was Lucy and Ne...and following him out was Ne's father, Charlie.

"I hope we meet aga-" Charlie starts to say but stopped when Lucifer walks away from him down the stairs...

Lucifer's eyes were trained on Lucy and Ne...Lucy's eyes were serious like his. They waited until Charlie was gone.

"He...didn't even hesitate to...to..." Lucifer finally said.

"..." Lucy sadly smiled and pats Ne's head softly. Lucifer finally smiled at Ne and she reaches out and holds his hand. Her other hand grabbing Lucy's...

...Lucifer's hand was holding Ne's as they walked. The other...

...held the papers...

Lucifer and Lucy is now Ne's parents...

ts��7�z�