Chapter 31

.31
TESSA: STARK TOWER
1 MONTH AND 2 WEEKS LATER

~{}~

I was lying in bed, when Clint walked in with Loki. "Hey," I greeted.

"I think we've waited long enough to give you your powers back," said Clint. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest.

"Really? I mean, what could happen if I take them away from you?" I asked nervously. "I could hurt you, you could pass out and hit your head and get a concussion, you could –" I then rattled off some of the highly doubtful possibilities. "And most importantly, you might die again. I can't take that chance. You have no idea how hard it was to lose you once. And if I do it myself, it'll make me feel a whole lot worse and -"

"Tessa Gwen Stark," Clint interrupted sternly. "Forget about it. I am an adult, I make my own decisions, now be quiet! Geez, you're giving me a major headache right now." He rubbed his temples. "And plus, I am teleporting random places and catching things on fire all the time. Not to mention random things floating around at the oddest times. Now let's get this train a-movin'!" I snorted.

"Clint, you are such a dork. No one says that."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Well, I do. So, yeah." I giggled softly. Loki cleared his throat loudly.

"I love that you two are catching up from the past, oh, I don't know, hour or so, but I do not have much longer to stay here."

"Loki, you have to go back?!" I asked, shocked.

He nodded gloomily.

"Okay, then I guess that we have to do it right now," I stated, sighing. Clint grasped my hand tightly.

"Clinton, do you know how to transfer the powers?" Loki asked.

"Yes, I do. Just help Loki, please," Clint exclaimed. "Here we go," he then muttered under his breath.

Clint looked very concentrated for a while, and then there was the big flash of red light. Clint's hand was separated from mine. Energy rushed throughout my body and a searing pain surged through my veins. I screamed. I heard Loki and Clint cry my name. I saw flashes of Howard and Peggy.

"Stay strong, kiddo!" Howard yelled.

"Come on, Tessa, we believe in you!" Peggy cried.

I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. I curled my hands into fists. I let out a cry of pain for the second time. The rest of the Avengers' voices were now shouting my name. My head was spinning, every part of my body ached, but there was no turning back. I breathed quickly and slowly, I could open my eyes. The Avengers were scattered on the floor, but the only one I was worried about was Clint. I ripped out my IV, ripped off the covers, and stumbled over to his body. I weakly tried to feel a pulse.

After a minute, Clint sat up, a little dazed, but looking worriedly at me. "Did I hurt you? Are you alright? Did I do something wrong? Oh my god, I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"No, Clint, I'll live," I said. "It was a little painful, but who cares? You gave my powers back!" I threw my arms around his neck. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" He me hugged back.

"God, what happened?" Dad ran over to me. He saw a burn mark on my palm from where Clint transferred my powers. He growled.

"Dad," I cautioned. "I'm fine."

"Well?" Wanda asked excitedly. "Did it work?"

"I'll see tomorrow," I promised. "But right now, I'm gonna sleep." Everyone laughed.