Chapter 16

.16
TESSA: SHIELD HEADQUARTERS
PRESENT DAY

~{}~

"Fury. Pleasure seeing you again." I smirked as I turned around to face the one eyed director of SHIELD. "And no, I don't do that kind of thing anymore. I fly solo. The Lone Ranger. No teams."

"Not anymore," he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked. I turned to Dad, who had a smile on his face.

"You're with SHIELD, Tessa," Dad said. "And if you want, you're an Avenger."

"No way!" I squealed and turned back to Nick. "Seriously?"

"I've seen your moves, kid. We want you on the team," he retaliated.

"This is so cool. I can't even process this right now." I took deep breaths. I'm an Avenger! Wait, oh god. I'm gonna screw up somehow.

"C'mon, I'll take you to the office." Fury gestured for us to follow him.

"What's your name going to be?" Dad asked me as we followed Nick.

"I don't know, can you come up with something catchy?"

"Loose Flames? No, no, no, Black Flame? Wait, how about Red Flames?"

"Move on from the flame section," I urged. I thought for a little bit. "Red Flames?"

"Red Flames! But honestly. That was the best I could come up with."

"How about The Red Flame?" I suggested.

"That's fine. Just do something with flames, please. It's all I've seen you do."

"I'm capable of a lot more than flames." I pointed out.

"I know that, Tessa. How about Bloody Magic?"

"Eh, no."

"Magic Flame!" He gave me a look. "That has to be it."

"How about just Flame?"

"I thought you were capable of a lot more than flames."

"Well, it seemed to work out fine." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Flame it is!" He held up his hand in triumph.

"If you two have stopped deciding on a name, we can get to the official part," Fury said.

"Go ahead," I replied.

Fury took a deep breath. "The Dark Elves have declared war on Earth."

"What realm is this, again?" Dad rolled his eyes. Thor had walked in the room.

"Svartalfheim," Thor replied, not receiving the sarcasm.

"So, another evil force from another realm wants total rule over Earth, again? Problem solved." Dad clapped his hands together. "We defeated Loki, now we defeat the Dark Elves."

"Loki is less powerful than the Dark Elves, Stark," Thor stated. *cue Loki rolling his eyes from Asgard* "The Elves have magic that can destroy the Nine Realms entirely. But Odin made a truce with them so they could not use their evil powers."

"Why are they attacking now?" I asked, interested.

"Because they have heard of the Avengers," Fury answered. "They want to -"

"Test you," I finished.

"Test us," Tony said.

"Director Fury, they want to see if we can protect the whole Earth," Thor said.