Chapter 19

.19
THOR: ASGARD
THE NEXT MORNING

~{}~

"Loki, this girl needs your teaching!" I begged. I finally arrived in Asgard and to the palace, but Loki refused to go.

"I am not teaching a girl who could turn out to be like the old me!" He hissed.

"She will never!" I argued. "She is a sweet girl, Loki."

"But why does she need my teaching now?" He asked, sitting down on a chair.

"The Dark Elves have made a threat to us. The queen contacted her. They are trying to get her surrender to their side." He turned ashen. We both know what happened the last time we had a run in with them.

"I thought the queen was dead," Loki continued.

"The queen is very much alive, brother. Will you come to Midgard, then?  Only a week or two," I insisted.

"Fine. It is settled." He sighed. "What makes you think that she will not use them for evil?" He looked at me.

"She is a fine girl, brother. What is the worst that could happen?"

~{}~

TESSA: TRAINING ROOM IN STARK TOWER
A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER

~{}~

"Are you sure about this, Tess?" Dad asked me for the millionth time this morning. We were waiting in the training room for Thor and Loki. "Did you hear what happened last time Loki came to Earth?"

"Yes, and I heard what you did to save it." I smiled. "Dad, I'll be fine. I promise. And if I find out that you and Clint have been arguing again-"

"I'll try not to start it," he promised.

"I have returned from Asgard!" Thor's voice boomed through the training room. A man in green, black, and gold walked in behind him. He had raven black hair and a look of mischief on his face. I could see Dad stiffen. "Tessa, allow me to introduce you to my brother, Loki." Loki reached out his hand to shake my outstretched one. "Loki, this is the girl, Tessa."

"Pleased to meet you," Loki said.

"Same to you," I replied. "When do we start?"

"Now, if you'd like," he said. I nodded and looked at Dad. He still had a look of uncertainty in his eyes.

"Dad, I'll be fine. If you want to stay, you can-"

"No, you guys can train," Dad interrupted. "Have fun." He gave a small, strained smile and walked out of the room.

"Can you show me what you can do first?" Loki asked. "Or what you know that you can do?"

I showed him my holograms first. I made two copies or myself.  He showed me how to use less power but make more of me that could actually do something.

Next, I showed him my force fields. He showed me how to make them stronger and bigger.

Third, I showed him my telekinesis. He taught me to lift up heavier things and not drain my powers.

"Anything else you know how to do before we begin?" He asked.

I showed him my flames.

"Put more thought into it. That way, they can be stronger," Loki instructed.

I did. I put all of my thought into it tried it again. My whole arm set fire instead of my hand. "Whoa!" I exclaimed. I thought of my other arm setting fire and it did. I thought of my whole body setting fire and it did. It grew bigger and bigger, hotter and hotter.

"Tessa, your hair is getting to be a bright red." Loki observed. "Stop."

"No, I can do this." I thought of all of the rage and anger HYDRA put into me. I thought of all of the years I missed with Dad. 

"Tessa, stop!" Loki warned. "Now! It is getting to be too much for you! This is your Dark Side!" I stopped. I panted, sweating.

"That's my Dark Side?" I asked as he knelt in front of me. He showed me a piece of my hair that was red. It slowly turned back to light brown.

"Yes, it was. But be careful with it, sometimes it takes over. It'll control you." We walked towards the door. "That's probably enough for today."

"Does everyone have a Dark Side?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Most do. Some don't."

"What about you?" He paused.

"Yes. I do, sadly."

"Have you ever lost control of it?"

"I have several times. I only wanted power and total rule. I was greedy and selfish. I hurt a lot of people. When I woke up, I regretted every second I was in it."

"Have you ever told anyone that?" I asked as we walked to the elevator.

"No. They think that I was in my right mind when I attacked New York. They think that I knew what I was doing when I attacked Thor. I honestly didn't."

"JARVIS, where is everyone?" I asked.

"In the living area, Miss Stark."

"Take us there."

"Right away," the AI replied to me. I felt the elevator go up. "Loki, why don't you tell anyone your side?"

"Because they would most likely believe that I was just lying to get them to-" He trailed off.

"To like you?" Loki nodded. "Thor likes you though!"

"Yes, I know that very well, Tessa." He smiled as I giggled. "No offense, but he is only my brother. Aren't siblings required to like you no matter what occurs?" He looked down at his feet.

"Well, no. They can hate you and dislike you for all that you did, just like everyone else in the world." I looked at him. "But Loki?"

"Yes?" Loki looked at me with his green eyes.

"You're the God of Mischief to everyone else, a bad person." His smile fell. "But to me, you're only a misunderstood person, and a good friend. I like you." His face turned pink. "Friends?"

"Friends indeed." He gave me another smile. Okay, I'm friends with the God of Mischief. What happens next?