Chapter 15

.15
TONY: HOSPITAL
PRESENT DAY

~{}~

She started asking questions after a couple of minutes.

"How's the tower?"

"It's only the lab."

"Any bystanders?"

"Nope."

"Did you get rid of the bomb?"

"Yes."

"Are the chemicals gone?"

"Yeah."

"Is JARVIS okay?"

"Like I said, just the lab."

"Is everyone okay?" She had lastly asked me.

"All except you," I replied.

"Thank God," she said, resting her head back on the pillow.

"You should tell them that their selves. They were scared to death." I patted her arm. I stood up. "I'll be right back."

I raced out of the room and into the hallway where the rest of the team was waiting for me. I ran up to Clint and Bucky and pulled them by their arms into the room.

"What now, Stark?" Clint snapped.

"Yeah, Tony, if you're going to make this some kind of cruel joke -" Bucky started.

"Do you think me being alive is a joke?" Tessa said from behind me. "Well, think again, smart boys." Bucky and Clint bolted over to Tessa's bed. "When did you guys get so fast?"

"Tessa, you are such an idiot," Bucky said, shaking his head.

"I know."

"Tess, how did you - I mean - what I'm trying to say is -" Clint stuttered.

"Shut up, Arrows," she said. Clint laughed. "Just get the rest of the team in here so they know I'm not dead." Bucky raced out of the room and pulled Steve and Natasha in.

"What now, Bucky?" Natasha snapped. "I'm not staying here unless she's alive."

"Then I guess you're staying," Tessa said. Steve and Natasha gasped. "Yes, yes, I'm alive, I've been through this twice already. I might have to do it again if -"

"Fellow Avengers, sadly, the doctor said that we have to turn off the life support for Tessa at this moment," Thor said solemnly as he entered the room with Bruce.

"Hey, I'm not dead, okay?" Tess said, getting irritated. A smile spread across Thor's face. "So, let's just call Sam, and get him over here so I can tell him too."

"This isn't possible," Bruce said, shaking his head and looking down at his tablet. Tessa suddenly made a fire ball in her hand and made it disappear as quickly as it came.

"This isn't supposed to be, either," she said. "So, call Sam now?" She looked around. "Anyone?"

~{}~

TESSA: HOSPITAL
PRESENT DAY

~{}~

"Tessa Stark, you are going to kill yourself one of these days," Sam said as he walked in the room and over to my bed, where Bucky and I were talking.

"Sam Wilson, need I remind you that I am a master assassin?" I smirked.

"You're not indestructible," he told me. I sighed.

"Well, I can do this." A magical ball appeared in my hand. "Does that suffice?" I made it vanish.