Chapter 18

.18
TESSA: STARK TOWER
THE NEXT DAY

~{}~

"Keep your hands up," Natasha instructed me. I held my hands up a little higher. Natasha was sparring with me. I was scared, though. I had never ended a sparring match without a kill. "Tessa!" I snapped to attention. "Focus. You need to get your head out of the clouds."

"Oh, sorry," I muttered. I then dodged a sick kick from her and kicked her in the back. Hard. She dropped to the ground. "Oh my God, Nat. I'm really sorry. I'm kind of used to killing people during these kinds of things." I helped her up.

"Nah, it's okay. I've had worse."

"She's given worse," Clint corrected as he walked in. He gave me a smile. "How's it going?"

"Fine, I guess," I said.

"What's the matter?"

"Well, I'm not really staying focused."

"Not really? You let me take you down. Five times." Nat put a hand on my shoulder. "Go again?"

"I'm going to get a drink," I said. I jogged over to the bench and unscrewed the cap off of my water bottle. A searing pain suddenly went through my head. I dropped my open water bottle and fell to the floor. I let out a cry.

You are special, my darling Tessa. You need to join me. Join the Dark Elves. Or your friends will suffer, a feminine voice said sweetly.

"Tessa."

Take the right path. You really think that your father will allow you to fight me? Ask little Thor himself, it's not going to end without sacrifices.

"Tessa!"

Don't waste your time on these puny mortals who call themselves heroes. Come to Svartalfheim and claim your destiny.

"Wake up, Tess. Come on." I opened my eyes slowly to see Clint and Natasha hovering over me. I sat up slowly with their help. "What happened?" Clint asked.

"There was a voice in my head that told me to go to Svartalfheim. It hurt," I said. "I have to ask Thor what's going on."

"It told you to go to Svartalfheim?" Natasha asked me as I grabbed my gym bag.

"It was a woman."

"Anything else want to happen?" Clint threw his hands up in the air.

"It said that Thor knew that all of this would end with sacrifices."

They didn't say anything.

"What?" I asked. They stayed silent as we walked into the elevator.

"JARVIS, take us to the living room," I commanded. "Are you going to tell me or what?"

"Look, Tessa, Thor can tell you if he wants, but I'm not so sure that he'll want to talk about it," Natasha said carefully.

"Whatever. But what did it mean by claim my destiny?" I put air quotes for emphasis.

"It's trying to draw you over to their side," Clint assumed.

"At living area," JARVIS said.

"Well what else would it do? Invite me for lunch?" I said sarcastically. "Thor! Are you here?"