Prologue

.00
TESSA: 8 YEARS AGO
STARK TOWER
~{}~

"Daddy, are we going to the park now?" I asked my Dad anxiously. "Mommy isn't here to do it anymore, so can you take me? Please?!"

"Honey, I know that Mommy isn't here to do it anymore. But Daddy has to work on his suits now, okay?" Dad said over his shoulder, turning back to work on his newest suit.

"Daddy, look at me," I requested. He slowly turned around with a tool in his hand and kneeled down to look me in the eye. "I need you to listen to me, okay?" He nodded. I tapped the glowing circle in his chest. "This makes you a superhero, right?" He nodded again. Then, I tapped where his heart is. "And this makes you my Daddy, right?" He nodded, and I could see a smile on his face. "But which is more important to you, being the whole world's superhero, or being my daddy?"

"Being your daddy, of course!" He said, picking me up and twirling around as I screamed with joy. "C'mon, Tess, let's go to the park," Daddy said, putting down his tools and putting on his coat.

"Hello, Miss Tessa," JARVIS said to me when we got in the elevator. "Where do you plan on going today?"

"We're going to the park, JARVIS!" I said back, excitedly.

"That will surely be fun," JARVIS replied. I thought as him as more of an uncle than a computer system. "Sir, which car would you like to take?"

"Pick one out that's Tessa friendly for me, JARVIS," Daddy said, smiling at me. When we got to the garage, Daddy strapped me in and we headed off to the park.

We got to the park and Daddy pushed me on the swing and played with me when people weren't coming up to meet him. This guy took extra long with him, so I wondered around the park until I bumped into a big man.

"I'm sorry, mister," I said, giggling. "I should get back to my Daddy over there." I pointed to my Daddy.

The man looked surprised. He bent down next to me and ripped off my necklace harshly. "That's my necklace. Can I have it back?"

"Tony Stark is your dad?" He asked me, twirling my necklace in his hand. I nodded. "You see, I got him a present. Can you help me get it out of my car?" I nodded. He took my hand and we walked to his car. The man wrote something on a piece of crumpled paper and set it on the ground next to my necklace.

"What's that, mister?" I asked.

"Never mind that, darling. The present; it's on the way other side, can you crawl on the seat and get it?" I nodded. I crawled across the seat, but there was nothing there.

"Hey, dude, there's nothing here!" I said, turning back around to crawl out, but only to find the car door slam. "Hey! I need to go back to my Daddy!" I screamed at the man, now in the front seat. He started the car and he drove away from the park. "Daddy!" I yelled as we passed my dad, hoping he would hear me, but he didn't. I started to cry.

"Tessa Stark, your father owed me something," the man said over my sobs. "And I think I just got it. He doesn't care about you, he just cares about work. You are going to stay with me for a long time."

"My Daddy's gonna find me. He's the greatest superhero ever!" I said. "You're just a grumpy old guy with a car!"

Once the man turned to me with a scowl, that's when I stopped talking.

~{}~

TONY: RIGHT AFTER TESSA WAS TAKEN
THE PARK

~{}~

"Look, I need to find my daughter, but it was nice talking to you, uh, man!" I said to the man standing in front of me. He nodded and walked away. I pulled out my phone and located Tessa on the tracker. I headed over to the spot it said that she was, but she wasn't there. "Come out, Tess!" I said, getting kind of worried.

"Tessa?" I called out. "Daddy doesn't want to play hide and seek anymore." I walked forward until I stepped on something - Tessa's necklace. On the ground next to it was a paper with sloppy handwriting.

'Stark -

You took everything from me, along with my family. I'm just returning the favor.

- Your Friend'

I stood there, eyes wide open. Confusion and anger took over my senses, blinding me. I started to hyperventilate. I walked to my car and zoomed back to the tower.

"JARVIS, locate Tessa now!" I yelled as I walked to my lab.

"Sir, it says that she is right next to -"

"JARVIS, this is just her tracker. Locate her on the backup, now," I croaked out as I sat down. I threw her necklace on the table and I held my head in my hands. Please, please, please, please, plea-

"Sir, I cannot locate her. I'm truly sorry," JARVIS said quietly.

"No, no, no! JARVIS, this is not funny, you are a freaking computer system that can do anything. Track. Her. Back up," I half-screamed.

"Sir, I cannot locate her. I'm sorry. We will find her, sir, I promise," JARVIS said.

"No...." I said quietly.

My darling little Tessa is gone.

~{}~

UPDATE: I am going through and fixing stuff. Kind of procrastinating on the sequel. Oh well.