Emma's Ex-Boyfriend

"My ex-boyfriend, he's back," she cries. "And he's in the club right now!"

"Hey," I whisper, cradling her in my arms. "It's going to be alright,"

"No it's not!" she sobs.

"Why not?"

"He's a ba***rd!" she cries. "I'm scared, Rachel,"

"Shhh...it's okay," I reassure. "Why is he a ba***rd?"

"Hebashedme..." she whispers, really fast.

"He what!?" I scream.

"He used to slap, punch and abuse me," she sniffles.

"Why," I ask, wide-eyed.

"I remember that night like it was last night," she sighs.

"What happened that night?"

"It was the year 10 formal and it just happened to be on the same day as his birthday. After the formal he had his birthday party and we went to his place. He got really drunk and started kissing me, way too passionately. I pushed him away because I didn't want to...umm...yeah," she cries. "That's when he slapped me and he just continued to slap an punch me everyday. That's when I dumped him, I still loved him but I knew I had to do it. He then got really pis*** off and moved to Canada, and I haven't seen him since. Until now..."

"I promise you, he will never touch you ever again," I say, forcing a smile.

"Thankyou, babe," she smiles.

"You did know that you're going to have to tell Landon," I sigh.

"I know, I'll tell him tonight," she smiles, getting up.

"Let's go enjoy the rest of the night," I say, dragging her out the bathroom door.

"Okay," she sighs.

We walk out to the bar, hand in hand. I give her hand a little squeeze when we reached the bar. All of a sudden her face goes bright red and her eyes start to well up with tears. I look where she is staring and hold in my gasp.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she growls.

"Getting a drink," he smirks. "Is that okay with you, babe,"

Landon's eyes widen at his endearment.

"What did you just call her?" Landon snarls.

"Babe," he smirks. "Let's go somewhere private,"

He grabs hold of Emma's hand and yanks her towards him.

"James! Let go of me!" screams Emma.

"Get your filthy hands off my girlfriend!" shouts Landon.

"Girlfriend?" James asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep!" glares Landon. "Look, I don't know who you are or why you're touching my girlfriend. But I would like you to let go of her and vacate the premises!"

"You want to tell him?" asks James, tightening his grip on Emma's arm.

"Tell him what?" whispers Emma, tears welling in her eyes.

"Tell him who I am,"

"Landon," she says, shakily. "This is my e-"

"I'm her boyfriend!" James growls.

"What?" Estelle, Landon and I shout in unison.

"What the f***, James! I am not your girlfriend and I will never be! Never. Ever. Again." Emma shouts.

"Emma?" shakily whispers Landon. "Can you tell me what's going on?"

"James is my e-"

"I've said it already and I'm going to say it again! I'm her boyfriend!" James shouts, death glaring Landon.

"God dammit, James!" Emma screams. "What is wrong with you!?"

"Nothing at all, sweat-pea," he smirks.

Emma's eyes widen and her face goes red.

"That's it!" she screams.

Emma swings her arm back and punches James right in the nose. We all hear a crack and James falls to the ground groaning.

"What the f*** was that for?!" James screams, in agony.

"That's what you get for bashing you're girlfriend day and night!" she shouts. "How dare you think I will take you back. As if I will date the same jerk that bashed me!"

"Fine!" James shouts, storming out of the club.

"Are you alright?" asks Landon, quietly.

Emma shakes her head in reply. "No,"

"Come here," he smiles, opening his arms to hug her.

Emma runs over to him and collapses in his arms. She sobs into his chest and he kisses her hair.

"I'm really sorry, Landon," she cries.

"It's okay," he sighs.

"Really?" she asks, looking up from his chest.

Landon nods his head. "Just know, I will never, ever do what he did to you. Do you understand me?"

"I love you so much, babe," she smiles.

"I love you more, Em," he chuckles.

They lean in to each other and kiss, passionately and for a very long time. Estelle and I turn away and pretend to gag.

"Well, we better get going," Emma smiles, breaking their kiss. "Call me tomorrow, alright?"

"I will," Landon smiles.

"Promise?"

"I promise," he chuckles.

They kiss one last time and we all say our goodbyes.

*_*_*_*

"Call me if you have any troubles with James," I smile, hugging her goodbye.

"Okay, sleep tight," Emma smiles.

"You too,"

I open the car door and walk inside Finn's house, locking the door behind me. I drag myself up the stairs and hop into bed.

"I love you," I whisper, stroking a picture of him beside my bed. "Sweet dreams, wherever you are,"

I close my eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.