My New Job

Everything in italics is Rachel thinking to herself.

______________________________

"We can interview you now if you like," the lady behind the counter smiles.

"That would be great!" I say. "Thank you,"

"You'll have to wait a few minutes because we are waiting on another person. Take a seat and I'll call you over when he arrives," she smiles, typing something on her computer.

I nod in reply and sit in one of the cushioned chairs. Early this morning I was looking through the newspaper and a job came bursting out of the page in front of me. It was a job at the shop DesignYourHome. Designing is something I really love to do and I decided to apply for the job.

"I wonder who's the person I'm being interviewed with," I whisper to myself.

A few minutes later a bell rings, signalling that someone has come into the shop.

"Hi, you must be Charlie," the lady behind the counter says.

"That's me,"

"Please take a seat and I'll call you over when the interview is going to proceed," she smiles.

I slowly lift my head to see who it is. The guy is tall with black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt on. A leather jacket was over his shoulder. Finn? I shake my head and blink my eyes. I frown when I realise it isn't Finn.

"You done checking me out?" he smirks.

I blush and look down at my phone before he can make eye contact with me.

Wait! That voice! It sounds a lot like...shit!

"What are you doing here?" I growl.

"The same as you," he winks.

It's him! Didn't he say his name is Charlie? I must be hearing things.

I mentally shake my head and push it to the back of my mind.

"You're stalking me, aren't you Cameron," I roll my eyes.

Where is Finn when you need him?

Cameron's eyes grow wide and he looks at me strangely.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow.

He shakes his head. "Never mind,"

I glare at him and text Emma.

Omg! Cameron is applying for the same job 😡

I'll text you if I need help. The address is 79 Pollywafe Street ☺

Rachel xx

"The interview is ready to commence if you would like to walk straight through," the lady says, gesturing to us.

I smile at her and walk through the door before Cameron.

*_*_*_*

"Congratulations," he smirks.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically.

"Well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow," he winks.

I roll my eyes at him and head to my car. I hop in and bang my head against the steering wheel.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I scream.

This can't be happening! Surely he is stalking me. This can't just be a weird coincidence.

I shake my head, interrupting my thoughts.

A while later, I arrive at Finns house and get out of the car. I quickly text Emma saying everything went fine and that I'll talk to her on our night out with Estelle on Saturday. Yawning, I open the letter box to find three letters.

•power bill

•letter from DesignYourHome congratulating me

...and...

•my first letter from Finn