"Come on Frank!" I practically beg the head of my department. Sitting in his small yet organized office, I'm still baffled as to why the evidence's sealed and closed off so easily. Why isn't the court looking into it more?

"Listen Henry, I've known you for 26 years. I've watched you grow from parking duty to a detective, you're like a son to me. And after 26 years, you've finally cracked the biggest case-"

"Where are you going with this?" I interrupt him. I'm a man who doesn't like to beat around the bush, nor do I like people who do that.

"You're getting a promoted to lieutenant," Frank proudly makes his way over to me. Dusting off my jacket, he grips my shoulders, "let the case go."

I look at his shameless face, anger boiling inside of me, and push his hands off, "Is that what they did to you? Shoved a promotion to shut you up?"

"Henry, how can you-?"

"Was it the court's decision? Well you can tell them to shove their f*cking bribe in their asses!"

"HENRY!" That cheap ass bastard raises his voice just as I'm about to leave, "WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? DIDN'T YOU DESPISE THE CODE? They've killed your wife, or did you forget that?"

My wife? Valerie....

~You can't defeat us. Remember that.
                                                          -The Code~

A flashback of the only bloody note left in my dear wife's dead body plays in my head, making me remember that horrid time, followed by others:

~"If I wanted to, I would've been gone long ago."~

~"How do you know The Code was running for over 90 years? How do even know anything about it?"~

~"If we are all top notch, you think we'd leave gaps in our work?"~

~"Ever since the organization was started, the first of the first wanted out."~

~"We left little clues whenever we could."~

~"Because of that many were killed"~

~"I couldn't take watching everyone around me die."~

~"I risked everything and called you that night."~

Why do I care so much? I managed to bring down The Code, put an end to all their crimes and found one of the runaways. Why am I not satisfied? Why do I keep thinking of that girl and her eyes?

"Because the one thing I despise more than that damn organization....is injustice!"

David's (POV)

~The furniture and everything else slowly catching the flames. And next to the door you can see......me. Staring at the fire before plunging into it~