I Wish...

I wish I would've known sooner. Then maybe you would still be with us, ten years later. I wish I could've done something, anything, to change your mind. I should've noticed the little things that you did; maybe that would've caused me to realise what you were holding back all this time. It was the pain that took you, wasn't it? Because we never asked you or pushed you enough to tell us. 

You needed someone to listen, and we were there for you, but at the same time, we really weren't there for you enough.

I wish I could've been there for you when you needed me the most. I gave up too early; I know I shouldn't have.

On the first day we met, I judged you right from the start. To think that I'm crying now when you're already gone.... I'm sorry I didn't see how valuable of a friend you were to me.

You were feeling down one day, so I decided to ask you what was wrong. Little did I know I should've pushed you to tell me instead of just letting you handle it on your own.

We were always smiling and laughing together. We should've had moments when we cried together as well. That would've been better for you.

I knew something was wrong. I wanted you to tell me, but you didn't seem like you wanted to. I should've done something.

I was insensitive. I called you horrible things. I didn't know words could hurt that badly.

You were so strong. But we all knew you would break down sooner or later. I just hoped that you wouldn't break down this early... I hoped I could've caught you before you fell.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.....

I saw you crying in the bathroom. But I was afraid I'd end up like you if I helped you. Now I know that my fear didn't matter. What mattered was how you didn't fear death, but you feared life.

I should've said something. I saw your cuts. I saw your wounds. I saw your pain.

I wish we could turn back time. No maybe how many times I have to rewind, I'll save you again and again and again...