Chapter 38

Jasmine's Point of View

When I woke up Severus was still asleep. His arms were wrapped around me protectively and his brows were furrowed together. There was a light sweat breaking out over his forehead and his breath came out in quick pants.

Before I could lift my hand to see if he was running a fever, Severus shot up in bed dragging me with him. His hand rested around my throat and his other one quickly grabbed his wand. I gulped and rested my hand gently over his, that was wrapped around my neck.

I closed my eyes tightly as Severus's hand around my throat tightened at the contact of my hand. I tried to remain as calm as I could and tried to take his hand off of my throat. But it caused his grip to tighten more. I gasped, letting my hand slide off of his.

It was when my hand slid off of his that Severus looked down at me. His eyes widened, his hand flew away from my throat, and his wand clattered onto the floor.

"I... Are you okay? I didn't hurt you.. Did I?", he rushed to say while starting to inspect my neck for any injuries.

"I'm fine. A little shooken up and might have some bruises later, but fine. Are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?", I asked.

"I.. I thought I lost you... Voldemort took you and Bellatrix tried to kill me... I thought you were gone.. I am sorry...", he whispered as tear silently ran down his cheeks.

I raised my hand to gently wipe the tears away, "I'm here. I'm fine. It was just a dream. It's okay."

He rested his head on my shoulder, "I tried to get you back.. I tried, but there.. There were just to many of them.. I watched... I watched as Voldemort.. As he... Killed you. I just.. I don't know what I would do without you. Please. Please don't leave me again."

"I am not going to go anywhere. I'm not leaving. I promise. It was a dream, I'm perfectly fine. Everything is okay now.", I tried to sooth him, running my hand up and down his back gently.

Severus's arms wrapped around my waist, holding me against him. Almost like he was trying to make sure I was real.

I ran my fingers through his hair and kissed the top of his head, "I love you Severus. Now how about you try and go back to sleep. I'll be here when you wake up."

"I'm not going to go back to sleep..", he replied.

"Then why not go take a shower, it will help. I promise.", I whispered.

"I'm not going to leave you. I am not going to chance losing you, again. You are the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. I lost you once, and almost lost you again.. And I am not going to chance it anymore. I am staying with you from now on.

I love you too much to go through losing you again. I'd be lost, broken, without you. You.. Jasmine.. You are my everything. You light up my darkness.. You complete me..", he said quickly.

I was shocked. I had no idea what to say. Severus was opening up, even if it was just a tiny little bit. But it was a start. An amazing start, that I hoped wasn't going to stop growing.

"We can stay here then. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do Severus. And I'm not going to leave. The only way I'm leaving is if I die. I will always, always come back.

We are two parts of a whole. I am lost, incomplete without you. I love you more than anything. And nothing is going to stop that.", I quietly said, not knowing that in that little moment everything was about to change.

........................................................................
A.N.

Duhn duhn duuuuuuhn.