Chapter Twenty-six.

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

     RUBY STOOD IN front of me with her arms crossed. It was clear to say that she wasn't happy, angry in fact.

     Ruby was a person that I had never met before in my life. She was beautiful with her blonde hair, blue eyes and perfect features; but she was also cold and scary. Not someone I would feel comfortable spending time with. Now Enya, on the other hand, was sweet and caring. She was a good friend, one that I had been able to talk to and confide in. We treated each other as friends, like Av and I did. But I guess we weren't friends, not really. Enya's eyes seemed warm, but they were really blazing as the fire was burning behind them, just like it was happening now.

     Enya and Ruby were the same person. Ruby was Enya and Enya was Ruby. Either way, she wasn't happy.

     She stood in front of me with her arms crossed over her chest, glaring at me as I was still sat on the bed. "You must think you're so great.” Ruby spat, inching a little closer to me as she spoke. "I bet you haven't even figured out what's going on."

     My forehead creased up in confusion. Whatever she was saying just didn't make any sense. She carried on speaking, not letting me get a word in edge ways. "I still can't believe that he went for you when he could do so much better." She said and flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder, obviously referring to herself. "You're not even that pretty." She smirked at me as if she was so much better.

     "Oh, and you are?" I asked in a challenging tone.

     It was as if she did a double take, going from calm and relaxed to angry and crude. She wasn't expecting me to say anything back. As if she could just walk over me.

     Her eyes blazed with anger and roared louder, burning bigger and bigger by the second. Her eyes were glued on mine, daring me to say anything else. I didn't know when or where, but in the spur of the moment I got up off my seat on the bed and walked over to her so that I was standing right in front of her. I wasn't nearly as tall as she was, but that didn't stop me from glaring at her menacingly. There was something about Ruby that really ticked me off, and the fact that she had dated Hunter wasn't exactly helping her case.

     "Now, now ladies." Lawson said as he stepped between us in attempt of getting us to stop. Honestly, I'm glad that I didn't have to listen to Ruby anymore; she was giving me a headache. Ruby opened her mouth to say something more, but with one glare from Lawson, she stayed quiet. He stared at her a bit, as if telling her something with his eyes, something that I couldn't catch. Something that I wasn't meant to see.

     Lawson then turned to me with a smile plastered on his face. His smile looked genuine, though his eyes spoke otherwise, and that was why I was so tense when he reached out a hand to caress my cheek. It felt cold and wrong,  the exact opposite of how it felt when I was with Hunter.

     "You're beautiful." He whispered, looking at me like I was the only thing in the room. The only thing that mattered.

     His gaze was so intense. It felt so real, probably because I wanted it to be. Lawson looked at me like... like I mattered. Like he would always be there for me. That he genuinely cared. But I knew better. I knew he didn't care. You know how? Because it felt wrong. Nothing like it felt with Hunter.

     With Hunter... it felt real because it was. I hadn't known Hunter for long, a month and a half at the most. But every touch, every kiss... it was so real. Nothing like the show that Lawson was putting on now.

     Hunter made my heart flutter and blood rush to my cheeks. Lawson, he just made me nervous. There was a large difference there, one that I wasn't blind to.