Chapter Eight.

CHAPTER EIGHT

A/N: I’m sorry for the late update guys. I was staying elsewhere and there was no internet so I couldn’t upload. I’ll try to be quick next time. Sorry once again!

BTW – Please have a look at my questionnaire if you haven’t already done so.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

     TODAY WAS A  Saturday, meaning they there wouldn’t be any school today and I would be able to relax at home. Everything was just so peaceful. There was no noise or anything of the sort that would disrupt me from my sleep. Okay, I wasn’t technically sleeping right now but I sure was enjoying the pace and quiet. Last night had been great, I had managed to fall asleep as soon as my head had hit the pillow, and for that I was glad. I had not gotten a good night’s sleep in quite a while, and yesterday really helped. I was just feeling so refreshed today, so refreshed and at peace with the world. There was no moodiness or anger, just peace …

     Sadly, the peace did not last for long as I felt something tug at my sheets. My body tensed, not showing any signs of peace or relaxation anymore. You must be thinking why is a little tug at her sheets getting her so worked up like that? It could be Oreo wanting some attention. You see the first thing that came to my mind when I felt the movement was that it was happening all over again. I had managed to escape those monstrous dreams last night and had managed to actually sleep very well, but now, I feared that there would be a repeat of yesterday. My eyes tightened and my breathing picked up despite my attempts of acting normally and pretending to be asleep. The best thing to do now would be to just ignore him and hope that he would go away seeing as trying to run away from him got me nowhere. The cut on my neck was still there, though I believed that it would fade soon. I hoped that it would fade soon, seeing it every day was just a constant reminder of what had happened. A shudder travelled through my body at the thought.

     Now back to current situation, there was something tugging at my sheets and I was hoping that it would not be him. I concentrated on pretending to be asleep; I tried to even my breathing so that he would believe that I was asleep and also because I wouldn’t have to face him anytime soon. I was not ready for a repeat. It went on like for a while, the tug at my sheets carrying on as it pleased while I played asleep. My heart rate raced up when I felt the sheets lift up off me leaving me shivering and giving away my pretence of being asleep. This was it. This would probably be my last moment. I had been lucky yesterday, only being let off with a small cut. He would probably kill me today.

      I opened my eyes to the world expecting to see charcoal black eyes boring into mine with an evil smirk displayed upon his face. The evil smirk was sure there, though it was not the same sinister one that starred in my nightmares. This evil smirk was one that I knew well, one that meant that Leo was up to something. I frowned up at him for disturbing my sleep and for nearly giving me a heart attack. “Why did you – ” I began but was cut off when Leo threw the whole water content of the bucket upon me, drenching me from head to toe.

     My body shivered as the cold water ran down my whole body. The drenching had made my body sit upon instinct and my hands flew to my arms, rubbing them in an attempt of warming them up. “What was that for?” I asked in my demanding tone.

     Elliot just stood in a confident posture smiling evilly down at me. “I tried to wake you up but you weren’t listening. I warned you though and you didn’t listen to me.” He held the now empty bucket and looked at it in triumph.

     “So you drenched me in water!” It was more of a statement than a question. I shrieked as water dribbled down the back of my tank top which made me shiver.