Chapter One.

CHAPTER ONE

January 5th, 2012.

        I STOOD, LEANING against the wall, waiting and observing. Waiting for Avery, and observing the crowds.

      It was interesting to see all the different cliques that ran through our school. There were so many different types of people in this one school. It was something to observe, especially when everyone was in the corridors heading to their lessons.

     There were seven groups in our school, consisting of teenagers of ages fourteen to eighteen. It wasn't me who put them in their groups like this; this was just how high school was. There was the drama group, who always dressed in their signature black, even in the summer. They would always have on their black shades, but not in lesson as this was not allowed. They were very… dramatic, hence the name, as they were always doing some acting or trying out for some new lead role in a play. They seemed to be living on coffee alone. All in all, without sounding rude, they were kind of stuck up.

     Then there were the jocks, cheer leaders and platinum blonde bimbos and their wannabe's. This was the usual group that you would see in the movies. They believe that they ruled the school as they were either on the football team, a cheerleader or blonde. These guys were really stuck up as they believed that nothing would stop them from getting what they wanted.

      The males in this group were mostly players who had a different girl on their arm every day, whereas the females in this group believed that if you weren't blonde then you weren't worth talking to. They were the ones who would always be organising the dance or the prom of something of that sort. The others just preferred to use their assets instead of their brains. I couldn’t stand arrogant pricks, stuck up cheerleaders and platinum blonde bimbos so I avoided them like the plague. You could say that the football team and the basketball team are two ends of a pole; north and south.

     Next were the geeks. They were normally reading a book or trying to solve some extremely hard equation. Not that I'm saying being smart is a bad thing. It would just be nice to look up and take a whiff of reality. They would normally stick to the library or the science lab. They would have been great company if they had tried to converse with us politely. I wouldn't really talk to them as they normally looked down at us for not being as smart as them or for not knowing who Brian Cox was.

     There was also the Goths. They, like the drama club, mostly stuck to black, occasionally flashing some deep purple or blood red. They too, kept to themselves and are always avoiding the rest of humanity, or in this case, the rest of the student body. They weren't moody like the drama club, but they were very dramatic when it came to sharing their thoughts, which mostly stuck to knifing dead animals or teaching someone a lesson.

     There were the foreign exchange students who tried to interact with the rest of us, but normally failed as they weren't very fluent in English. They had their own table in the cafeteria and were always talking in so many different languages at the same time. They were nice and meant well, but it would really help if they learnt the language.

     There were the hippies or the tree huggers if you liked to call them whom were very emotional and expressive. They liked to share their happiness with the rest of the school by giving out flowers and dancing. Their uniform usually consisted of clothes that were way too bright for the human eye in the morning and multicolour beads and bangles. They were all very nice, though hard to keep up with as they were always busy trying to help people or trying to cheer someone up.

     There's no nice way of saying this, but the next group consisted of social outcasts. They were always trying to get with people, trying to impress them somehow. Some of them were really shy and it was really awkward when they approached you or tried to say something to you. This would normally lead to an awkward silence. Trust me, I've been there and I've done that. Once, I was approached by a cute guy, it would have been nice to chat with him but he was just so shy so we ended up standing there for the whole of our lunch break; doing absolutely nothing.