Chapter Thirteen.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

THE ROOM WAS pitch black with no rays of sun at all. If I squinted then I could make out the hazy outline of the end of my bed, the window and my wardrobe. The moonlight came in through the window, illuminating a couple of objects in the room and making things easier for me to see.

After the 'event' that had happened last night, I brushed it off and told Leo that it was nothing so that he wouldn't worry, and then I headed to bed. Somehow, that shadow had managed to take all the wind out of me, literally, and then I just felt so exhausted. As if I had no energy left to do anything other than to sleep. I fell asleep once my head hit the pillow, and from then it felt like I had been sleeping like a baby. 

But then something woke me up. And here I am now, awake at two a.m. in the morning.

I sat up in bed with the intention of reading a book until I feel asleep again, but that very intention flew out the window once my eyes landed on a shady figure sitting on the end of my bed. My breath hitched and and my hands fisted the sheets into balls. I couldn't believe that this was happening again. It seemed these dreams were coming to me a lot, and to say I was scared would be an understatement, especially after the last time something like this happened. I knew it was real, the cut on my neck was proof enough, though I was happy when it healed and took the memory way. Well, it took it away until now.

My eyes stayed locked on the shady figure sitting on the end of the bed for what seemed like ages. For someone reason I couldn't take my eyes off the figure, in fear that it would jump at me if I looked away for even a mere second.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, though it seemed to have returned when the figure turned its was to the side so that he could look at me. His emerald green eyes pierced into mine and a smirk was visible under the hood that covered its face. The light from the moon illuminated the figure enough for me to tell that this figure, like the others, was wearing a dark cloak which covered its face though left only the mouth for the eyes to see.

The figure was still smirking at me, despite the fact that I was probably yielding a shocked or scared expression. The hooded man picked up a hand clad in velvet gloves and used it to become me to him.

My breath hitched and I shifted on my spot so that I could move away from him. But it wasn't long before my back came into contact with the headboard, putting my attempt of escape to a halt. The figure just smirked wider and made a move towards me, crawling closer to me on the bed.

And that was when I froze. My body refused to move even a little as the figure got closer, and closer. The wide smirk was still evident on his face jut under the hood. 

A sneer crept into the figures face as he stood in front of me, standing on his knees. The man surveyed me, looking for something until his eyes landed on my bare shoulder. I would normally be very self-conscious about only wearing a loose tank top and a pair of soft PJ bottoms, but tonight, I had bigger things to worry about. Like the way the man's eyes seemed to stick like glue to my shoulder. I had no idea what the hooded figure was looking at. It was safe to say that I've never had anyone stare at my bare shoulder like that, so I was definitely creeped out.

And that was when the man spoke up in a deep voice that sent involuntary shivers down my spine, and trust me, that wasn't a good thing. "It's right there. You are the one!" His words came out in an exasperated tone, as he couldn't believe what he was saying. Honestly, I had no idea why the man found my shoulder so interesting. Sure, there was a funny shaped mark there; one that I had becomes accustomed to since birth. I guess you could call it a birthmark. It was shaped as two leaves, so close together it was as if they were hugging themselves, keeping warm the something that was nestled between them.