Chapter 24

I made sure Marilyn was still asleep, locked the front door, and I went for my morning run in my sports bra and tights.

After 30 minutes I jogged back to the house and my phone started to ring. I answered it to hear Mila's voice.

ME: Hello?

I said as I walked up stairs to see if Marilyn was still in bed asleep, and she was.

MILA: Are you insane? You asked my husband to divorce me and then you get mad when he says no and threatens to take the baby.

She said as I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

ME: First off stop with the bullshit crappy ass acting, like you really care about my baby girl. Second don't call my phone with bullshit, because it makes me want to beat your ass but I don't want to get taken to jail so please chill out.

MILA: Why did you even think my husband would leave me and abandon me like you did them? You didn't even love them enough to call them and assure them you were alive.

ME: Let my tell you something, don't bring up my past you bum. That baby you're carrying is not his! I asked what he was going to do, and getting a divorce was just me asking. I have a man and I don't want yours I promise you.

I said getting some eggs and ham out of the fridge.

MILA: Bitc-

ME: There you go with that disrespectful shit.... Dismissed.

And I hung up the phone.
I proceeded to put salt and pepper in the eggs I had cracked into the bowl and stirred. I cut up some ham and placed dropped it in the eggs. I poured it on the skillet and when it was done I fixed me and Marilyn's plate and put strawberries around the rim. I set the table and then heard her little foot steps coming down the stairs.

"You hungry baby?" I asked.

"Yes." She said rubbing her eyes and sat down and ate and so did I.

"You have good dreams?" I asked.

"Yes, I had a dream daddy was with us and he bought something very special to you."

"He did?" I asked smiling.

"Yep."

"After this, you're going to go take a bath and I'm going to wash you hair." I said.

"Okay." She replied still eating.

"I'm going to go ahead and shower." I said leaving my plate of undo food there.

"May I have your strawberries?" She asked.

"Yes you may baby girl." I replied and then ran upstairs to take a shower.

Afterwards I slipped on a big t-shirt so I could wash Marilyn's hair and style it. Afterwards we put on clothes and I went in to work and let Marilyn play with Meg and I went to pick out a few outfits for myself in New York with Odell. It was Saturday and I was scheduled to go Wednesday. I was so excited about it all.

"So what's going on?" Meg asked me.

I looked around to see that Marilyn was playing I shoes and wasn't around to hear.

"Well, I told Trey I wanted full custody of Marilyn... It's not o hurt him, it's just that's the only piece of me I have left. And plus I don't want her around Mila, she isn't a kid influence for her." I said.

"Wow, I can't even imagine what you're going through."

"He's pretty pissed off at me... I was a little rude... But knowing Trey and how crazy he is about that little girl, he was going to be pissed either way." I replied.

"You know, I remember when you and Trey first got together. You two were so head over heals for each other.... You two are still head over heals for each other. But that's up to you two... You don't have to even be together to raise a child who knows hey have two parents that loves her." She stated.

"I'm not in love with Trey anymore, I'll always have love for him, but anything past that is history." I said.

"Sure." Meg said walking off.
_______________________
FIVE LIKES & FIVE COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER TO BE POSTED TODAY!

THANKS GOR READING!!!!