Chapter 3

I woke up beside Mila and kissed her cheek and she turned over and kissed my lips. "Good morning Trey." She said running her hands through her hair.

Later that afternoon around 6 we went to Tank's showcase where he sang other songs but the one that caught my ear was Next Breath... I started thinking about Brook... But I shook it off and grabbed Mila's waist and looked into her eyes smiling. "What?" She asked smiling.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." I chuckled.

She looked into my eyes and stood on her tip toes and pecked my lips and I pecked her's back.

After the show we headed out and back home. "Hey daddy's little girl." I said swooping Marilyn off the floor and into my arms.

"Daddy loves you!"

"I love you to daddy. Now can you let me down."

I chuckled and sat her on her feet and she went running to Mila. I just stood there and shook my head. Then there was a knock on the door. "We'll be in the playroom Trey." Mila said holding Marilyn.

I nodded and went to open the door to August and Chris. "Aye what's up." I said dapping them up.

I gestured for them to come in. "Bruh got a new crib and shit." Chris said coming in. Me and August just looked at him.

"Well I guess since Chris invited his self in Ima come in the muthafucka too." He said and we tripped out.

"Chris get yo ass out and retry that." I joked.

"Man so what's been going on?" August asked. I led them into the living room.

"Man you know my little girl is my life so I've been doing everything in my power so she can be straight with her spoiled butt. She's just like her momma, just sassy as hell bruh and think she can get any and everything." I said sitting down.

"I gotta come see my God daughter when she's woke you feel me Trey. Gotta take baby girl out shopping." Chris said.

"Nah folk.. That's my God daughter. I got her a little companion now." August said.

****
Mila came down stairs making August and Chris turn around.

"Aye you ain't tell me about that." Chis hissed.

"Damn, Trey that's all you?" August asked in a whisper.

I bit my lip. "Every inch of it." I whispered back.

"Aye bruh you hit it yet?" Chris asked.

"Planning on it, haven't tapped it yet tho.... I ain't looking for no fling, I'm looking for a woman to raise my daughter because I'm a man and I can't teach my daughter what a woman can. Just like a little boy needs a father figure." I said.

"Trey, Brooklyn Leigh's grown self is sleeping in your bed because she insisted. Call me when your company's gone. Oh and it's good to see you Chris and August." Mila said.

"Baby, can you drop Brook off by my parents?" I asked.

When we moved we decided to move close to my parents so Brooklyn Leigh could get to know my parents as well as Brooks but we fly her out to go see Brooks parents.

"Yea." She friend around and went up the stairs.

"You think about marrying old girl?" August asked.

"I've had some thoughts about it. She's so been so good to my baby girl these past four months and I've been knowing her every since we were kids. She's a good person you know."

"Yea Jhenè's cool people too." Chris said referring to Mila's sister.

"Yea she use to braid my hair when we were young. That's my lil sister so don't try tapping that Chris." I joked.

"Bruh I got Karruchee. I'm good doc."

"Chris when you was gone tell us about your little girl." I asked.

"Hold up main! Chris got a little girl? Damn where I been?" August over exaggerated.

"Man yea I got a lil baby girl. That little girl is my damn heart you feel me. I love her with my life." He said.

"That's what's up man." August said shaking his hand.

Then Mila came back down stairs holding Marilyn. "Aye Mila." I called.

She shushed me and then rolled her eyes. "I just put her to sleep and you just woke her up."

"Where is daddy?" I heard her ask.

"In the chair go get him." Mila said sitting her down and she came walking to me rubbing her eyes.

"What's wrong baby?" I said sweeping her up.

"I want a sister.. Or a bruder."

I chuckled "Go ask her about that."

"Mommy! Mommy! Daddy told me to ask you about another baby."

"No you wanted to ask her not me." I chuckled out. I was a little shocked when she called Mila mommy. Mila just looked at me and smiled.

I nodded my head giving her permission to be "mommy".

"Mommy will give you a brother or sister but until then lets go."

"Wait I gotta say hello to Uncle August and Uncle Chris." She ran and sat in August lap and his kissed her cheek and she held and conversation with him and Chris.

"When you gonna come spend the night with me and Tete Serenity?" August asked.

"Tomorrow!" She growled through gritted teeth.

"Uncle Chris! Uncle Chris!"

"Yes?" He replied.

"I'm gonna come stay with you the next day after tomorrow. Ok."

She said after leaping into Chris lap. I just shook my head and we laughed.

"Well tonight I'm going to take to stay with Grandma and Grandad. Come on baby tell daddy goodbye." Mila said.

"Bye bye daddy. I love you." She said pecking my lips.

"Daddy loves his little girl too!" I said tickling her stomach and she ran away laughing and screaming.

"See you Trey."

"Ight baby."

When the front door closed August and Chris burst out with questions. I just sat there and laughed.

________________________________________________

Mila J in the picture.