Chapter 18

The door bell ring and I got my purse and rushed to it, and opened it.

"You look beautiful."Odell said holding out his hand for me to take it. I locked the door and we walked off.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"I decided to take you as my date to an event I have to attend, that's only if you accept." he said smirking.

"I accept."

****

When we made it there everyone was well dressed, and Odell introduced me to his friends.  When Odell left to go talk some of his fellow teammates, I stayed and talked to his friends. In the corner of my eye I saw Trey moving swiftly across the room. I broke off from the conversation and went over to him.

"Hey." I breathed out.

"Hey, Marilyn's doing fine." he stated.

"That's good, but that's not what I came over here for... I just want to-" I was cut off by a familiar annoying ass voice.

"Hey Brook, great to see you again." Mila said.

"Great to see you again also. I just have one bone to pick with you.... Just don't bother to send my daughter to a hair stylist or anything. And don't apply a perm to her hair. I'm not being sarcastic either." I stated. I really wasn't being sarcastic, nor was I trying to start a fuss. I just didn't want any random stylist to get in her head nor did I want her to get a perm.

"Wait. So you're the one who did Marilyn's hair?" Mila asked confused.

"Ummmm, yea." I said standing there feeling kind of bad for Trey.

"Wow Trey, you do nothing but lie." she said shaking her head looking at him.

"I didn't mean to cause any confusion, I just came to apologize to Trey for what I said to him the other day." I said being really sincere.

"The other day? How much have you been with her?" Mila asked.

"Um, I should really go." I said.

"No, you aren't going anywhere." Mila demanded.

I just stood there because I really felt bad for causing this at the event.

"Brooklynn, Odell wants you in the back." Rebecca tapped on me and said.

"I have to go, my boyfriend wants me." I turned and walked off.

****

After the event Odell took me home.

"Netflix and chill tomorrow?" he chuckled.

"Just Netflix." I giggled.

We said our goodbyes and I watched him as he sped off in his car and out of sight.

"Lord have mercy." I said exhaling as I smiled. Odell was just too fine.

I took a bath and washed my hair. I looked in the mirror at my bare face, ran my hands through my curly hair, and put it into a ponytail.

All the sudden my phone began to buzz off the hook.

ME: Hello?

ODELL: Hey beautiful.

ME: You're so extra.

I joked.

ODELL: Charming isn't it.

ME: .... Whatever.

ODELL: Beach Or Mountains?

ME: Beach... Day or Night?

ODELL: Night. Popcorn or chips?

ME: Chips. Doritos or Hot chips?

ODELL: Doritos

I scoffed in disgust and I bet he heard me because afterwards he said...

ODELL: I'll bring a couple big bags of hot chips tomorrow, since you obviously don't like Doritos.

He said slightly laughing.

We stayed on the phone until around 5 and I had to go to work at 8.

ME: I'll see you tonight then, because I really have to get up early for work tomorrow.

ODELL: Ok, sleep tight.

ME: Ok...

But as much as I was going to regret it, I couldn't hang the phone up.

ODELL: Hang up the phone.

ME: I'm going to regret this.

ODELL: It'll be worth it.

I woke up when my alarm went off and looked at my phone to see the call was still going.

ME: Odell?

ODELL: Yes mam?

ME: I'll see you tonight.

ODELL: Ok, be safe on your way to work.

I hung up and went and did my hygiene and took my medication and drank some water with it.

When I got to work I was feeling great, that's until I got really sick and went to the bathroom. Meg came chasing after me to see if I was ok.

"You need to tell the doctor what the medicine is doing to you." She said rubbing my back as I kneeled over the toilet.

"Ok, I'll go. But I'll be back." I said.

"No, stay home for the day." She insisted.

I nodded. When I made it to the doctor I explained to him my problem.

"Every time I take this medication I vomit it right back up." I said holding up the bottle.

"Maybe it's too strong for you. We've had a bunch of cases like this where the body would reject the prescription." He explained.
"But we will run a few tests today to check you out and possibly see what dosage is not too strong for you."

**30 Minutes Later**

"Good and bad news." He stated when he came back in the room.

I nodded.

"Good news is you perfectly fine and your body did rejects the medication...." He stopped.

"Bad news?" I said anxious.

"Your body rejected it because it could have harmed the precious angel inside your stomach you're carrying." He smiled.

I just sat there. I smiled because I was happy, but.... This baby was Trey's. Someone I've tried to run from...

"God, I know I'm not supposed to question you... But why? I- I did the right thing of ending it with him... I said all those mean things so he would hate my guts, now I have to tell him, I'm pregnant... Him telling Mila I'm pregnant..... I wouldn't get pregnant to hurt Mila... I wouldn't get pregnant to ruin their family. So God I'm asking, what was my purpose of even surviving that shooting.."

______________________
Wow.... What do you all think?

FIVE COMMENTS AND FIVE VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER.

Comment/ Vote/ Share/ Follow