Chapter 17

TREY'S POV

I needed something done to Marilyn's hair and not surprisingly Mila wouldn't do it... But told me to "Seek professional help."

I snatched up my phone and dailed Brook going downstairs.

ME: Hello?

BROOK: What do you want?

ME: I want you to do Marilyn's hair for a function tonight.

BROOK: Bring her on over.

I hung up, leaving it at that grabbed my coat. "Marilyn! Come on so you can get your hair done." I called up the staircase.

She came skipping down and we left out to Brook's place.

As Brook did Marilyn's hair I sat there watching TV in silence. I would look over at Brook and Marilyn.. But then look back at the TV.

Once she was done I went in my wallet and got 100.

"You can't pay me for playing my role." She scoffed.

I put Marilyn in the car and went back to the door where Brook stood.

"What?" I asked.

"What the hell do you mean what? Mila didn't bother to try and fix her hair for this function and you had to have me fix it... That's it!" She said slightly chuckling.

"Brook... I'm sorry for all the drama Mila has caused." I explained.

"Trey, I didn't take your money not because of the drama or because I'm mad... I just don't need you, nor do I need your money, or you assistance with anything else in my life. If you think I need you or want you.... I don't, not even a little bit. I'm moving on and I'm over it. I'll always love and have love for you.... But fact is I just thought I had to get in good with you to see my child... But since that's not the case we don't need anymore confrontations like this. Goodbye Trey." She smiled closing the door.

That felt like someone had just sat a brick on my heart and crushed it.

******

BROOK'S POV

I took a bath and put on my makeup and and did my hair. I put on some clothes and after I was done I jumped in my car and sped off and went to O'Swanky.

I had remodeled and reopened and hired new people for the bigger store. Darnell didn't work there anymore but Meghan still did.

"Hey boo." I said as we hugged.

"Hey, Cam is over there helping a man. I think he's trying to get his number." She chuckled.

I shook my head and went over and spoke to him. When the man went in the dressing room Cam whispered "Go you're fine ass back over there! I'm trying to get some dick." He chuckled softly.

The the sound of someone entering the store went off. I turned to see.. "Oh my gosh do I look ok?" I asked Cam. "You help him in the dressing room I'll help the other." He ran over to the customer and the man he was helping came out of the dressing room so I decided to walk over to where Cam was with the other customer.

"You're customer is ready to be checked out." I said smiling, trying to keep from laughing.

Cam rolled his eyes smiling and went to help his customer.

"Hi, how may I assist you today?" I asked.

"Just looking for something fly to wear to an event." He stated.

"Ok follow me." I said leading him to the men's section.

I found a black coat, black button up shirt, and black pants.

"Try this on." I said.

About five minutes later he called from the dressing room. "This is dope. I'm gonna get this." He said.

I was the only worker at the cash register at the moment when I was about to check my customer out.

"Odell Beckham." He stated holding out his hand for me to shake it.

"I know exactly who you are." I said shaking his hand. "But I'm Brooklynn Amaro, and it's a pleasure to meet you." I smiled.

"The pleasure is all mine." He said pecking the top of my hand. I slightly blushed as I smiled.

"Are you single at the moment?" He asked.

"Frankly, I am Mr. Beckham."

"Well I know this great place we could eat dinner and talk... Is called my place-" I cut him off.

"What are you implying here?" I shot back.

"No, no! I didn't mean that to come out like that. I meant would you be willing to come have dinner with me one night at my place." He smirked. He took a card for my shop and wrote his number on the back. "It's completely up to you."

"Completely?" I smirked raising a brow.

"Completely." He said smirking and raising a brow too.
"Have a great day." He smiled getting his bag and left.

"Girl! Did you get his number!" Cam called to me. I just burst out laughing at him.
"If you don't want it I will gladly take it." He kept going. I just covered my face with my hands and laughed.

"Somebody is blushing." Meg said.

"Whatever y'all." I replied brushing them off.

____________________
OOP o_O

FIVE COMMENTS AND VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!

Comment/ Vote/ Follow/ Share