Chapter 22

In the hospital I cried, slumped over in the chair.

"It's okay baby girl." My dad said comforting me.

My mom had stayed home to watch The baby.

"You may go see him now." The doctor said.

I ran into the room to his bedside to see him with his eyes closed. "Trey I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

I was so sad that I don't think my heart allowed room to want to kill Kim. "Pull through for me and your baby. Your family needs you Trey." I whispered.

I sat in the chair beside the bed holding his hand and fell asleep.

**Flashback**

"Done?" Trey said standing up.

"I'm sorry Brook."

"Sorry isn't gonna cut it Trey."

We spent so much time arguing we never stopped to think there tomorrow together wasn't promised.

I woke up next to Trey when a doctor came in to take him out of the anesthesia.

**20 minutes**

I looked at him as his eyes opened and he stared into outer space.

"Trey?"

"Give him about 5 minutes. He has to go through the process of coming out of being put to sleep." The doctor explained.

I watched his as his eyes wondered around rapidly, which freaked me out a little. After about ten minutes I spoke.

"Trey if you can hear me squeeze my hand. Give me some kind of sign." I said.

"Brook?" He said turning his head to look at me.

"Trey!" I said hugging him."

"Ouch!" He groaned because I had squeezed his arm which was were the shot wound was.

"Sorry."

"Give me a kiss." He said holding my hand.

I kissed him.

"I thought you weren't gonna make it."

"I wasn't worried about making it. As long as the love of my life is alive and well.. That's all that matters." He replied kissing my hand.

"Anything you need?" I asked.

"You got my phone on you?" He asked.

I dug in my pocket to get it. "And can you get me something to eat."

"Yea sure."

I went out to go get some McDonalds and run home to get Momma and Marilyn.

Trey POV

ME: Hey, August. What's up man?

AUGUST: Nothing man! What's up with you I see you on the news and shit.

ME: Yea Kim shot me.

AUGUST: Hell nawl bruh. Brooklynn gone get that broad.

ME: Naw we ain't doing none of that.

AUGUST: Trey, if Brooklynn see her in the street she gone beat her ass dude.

ME: Don't talk about it because if Kim found out you know who shot me she's going to be after my wife and I don't need that.

I heard the door creek open and Kim walked in with a vase of flowers in her hand.

ME: I'll call you back.

"Hey Trey. I'm so sorry about last night."

"Leave!" I said.

"Come on Trey." She climbed on top of me.

"Get the fuck down!"

"You are going to screw me Trey." She growled pushed on the wound.

I groaned in agony as she tried to make me kiss her back. My impatience grew and my hang snapped to her neck like a magnet. She gasped for air and hit my arm making rage of pain delivered to my hand that held her neck.

Brook POV

I crept into the door to see Kim on top of Trey. His hand connected to her neck until his veins showed through on his arm. I grabbed a breakfast pan I was given by the doctors and slammed it on her head. I took her by her hair and dragged her out of the bed, punching her. Taking her head I smashed it into the floor wanted to crack every collective piece of her skull.

"You dumb bitch! You could have killed my husband or me! You delusional bitch!" I screamed gripping her neck, slamming her against the wall.

"Do you hear me bitch!"

Her spit came out of her mouth onto my face. My arm flew back and collided with her face and she fell to the ground limp but not dead. I shook my hands that now held red knuckles.

Doctors ran in and detained me. Then police officers came and took Kim away.

*Later that night*

"You okay baby girl?" My dad asked.

"I'm fine." I said.

We were eating dinner in Trey's hospital room. Trey held Marilyn Leigh in his lap. I then got an alert on my phone.

The text read: I'm coming after you bitch. ~D. Money.

________________________
Short Chapter! Read, like, and comment on my new basketball love story Best Mistake and I'll update!