Kids In Love: Chapter 1

*2 years*

I sat in the Vip section of the club and looked down on everyone else. I had Marilyn at home with her nanny. Memories of how I met Brook popped into my head... That blue hair she had when we met was one thing I would never forget about her.

"Trey, August Alsina's here to see you." Otis said.

I nodded telling Otis to let him in. "Hey man." August said as we dapped each other up.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much man, just stopping by to check in."

"How's Serenity and the baby?" I asked.

"They're cool. But enough about me man, how you been holding?"

"I've been alright... Don't know what to do anymore... Brook was my foundation. My rock. And I was her's."

"So what about the new chick you're talking to?"

"Man, we been talking a year and she wants me to marry her... I don't know because I'm not trying to get married to another woman." I let out a sigh.

"You know man.. You've sat around for two years. I'm not tryna pressure you but Brook would want you to be happy and move on with your life."

***

I went in the house to see Natalie holding Marilyn.

"Hey Trey. Say hey to daddy." She said handing the baby over to me.

"Hey Natalie." I kissed her forehead.

"I fixed you dinner if you're hungry and I told the nanny to take off and I would take care of Marilyn."

I nodded and fixed Marilyn a bottle.

"I'll feed her. Eat something." She said taking Marilyn from my arms.

Once I fixed my food I sat down and Natalie went to put Marilyn Leigh to bed. When she came back she sat at the table.

"Have you thought about it?" She asked referring to marriage.

I shook my head trying to find the words to say but she cut me off before I could start.

"Trey I understand your wife died.. But if you aren't ready to settle down after a year of dating I don't know what else to do. It's time to move on."

I side eyed her... "Bit.... I mean Natalie give me some time. I need to clear my head before I do that..." I took my plate and washed it out.

I felt arms wrap around my waist. "I'm sorry." She whispered.

"It's fine." I said kissing her cheek and walking off.

****Next day****

I squatted down and Marilyn ran into my arms and I swept her up. I recorded every moment of Marilyn from walking to her first words. Her first words were momma.. Which made me cry the first time I heard her say it.

"I love you daddy!" She yelled in my ear.

"Daddy hears you. Now Brooky go and put your toys away, okay?"

"Daddy can you get me some more toy? I want a green dinosaur. Rawr!"

I chuckled. "Daddy will get you a toy once you do what I asked you to." I kissed her cheeks and and turned her around by shoulder and she ran to her toys.

I heard the door open and close and saw Natalie. "When you're done picking up your toys how about you me you and your god mother Natalie go out for ice cream?" I asked Marilyn.

"Okay daddy." She said throwing her toys in the bucket.

"Hey sweetie." I said hugging Natalie .

"Why don't you just tell her I'm her mom. Since I'm going to be in her life for now on."

"I don't want her thinking anyone is her mom that isn't. It will just hurt her in the long run... She's emotional like we mom was." I chuckled to myself. Natalie slightly rolled her eyes at me.

"Brooky go put on your shoes so we can go." I said. All the sudden she fell into a tantrum. And she rolled on the floor I looked at her confused and went over and swept her off the floor and tickled her. She laughed uncontrollably... She was ticklish like her mom too.

"Stop papa! Deténgase!" She laughed. She had learned a little Spanish from being around her grandparents, I knew she would speak a little Spanish because Brook would always talk to her in Spanish... I put her down and she crawled up the stairs to get her shoes.
___________________
Brooklyn Marilyn-Leigh Neverson portrayed by Riley Curry (She's a cutie pie)!

COMMENT. VOTE. FOLLOW. SHARE. THANK YOU!!!!