Girls' Generation/SNSD

VISIT THE EXTERNAL LINK AT THE BOTTOM TO VOTE FOR YOUR BIAS!!!

SNSD stands for Sonyeo Shidae which literally means "the age when girls (have) control". Their song Gee (released in 2009) was classified by online music store Melon, as the most popular song of the decade in South Korea (based on chart performance). They have earned themselves titles such as "The Nation's Singers" and "The Nation's Girl Group". SNSD was named the most influential entertainers of 2011 and 2012 by SISA Journal. This title made them the first female idol group in history to make the list. SNSD has also been listed on the Leespiar Popularity Survey in Korea as #1 on the Top Female Singers list for four consecutive years. Asia Today ranked the group at 44 on the 50 Korean Power Leaders list in 2011. SNSD also topped Forbe's Korea Power Celebrity 40 list in 2010, 2011 and 2013. They have been recognized by Tyler Brule as the seventh most recognizable Korean culture figure, which made them the only musical and non-object act to make the list. They are considered the most powerful and influential people in South Korea.
Gee broke the record for consecutive wins on KBS' Music Bank with nine wins, it also won the triple crown at Inkigayo. Gee also broke the record for longest running #1 on Music Bank, which beat Jewelry's "One More Time" from 2008. In 2010, Genie was released and it became the #1 most-viewed YouTube video in Korea and Hong Kong by the end of 2010. In 2011, The Boys was released and became one of the best selling K-Pop songs, at the time, in the US. It also ranked in the Top 30 on the iTunes chart in the US. The Boys was the best selling album in South Korea by the end of 2011.
Their Japanese album Girls' Generation (released in 2011) is still the highest selling album in Japan, in Oricon history, by a Korean group. Recording Industry Association of Japan certified it "Million" making them the second Korean artist to earn such an achievement in Japan since BoA's "Best of Soul" in 2005! SNSD is also the first Korean girl group to have two albums place first on a weekly album ranking. In 2014, SNSD's third Japanese tour (Love & Peace) wrapped up and through their three concert tours in Japan since 2011 they set a record for highest number of spectators for K-Pop girl tour in Japan.
Their sub-unit TTS debuted with Twinkle, which became the highest charting K-Pop act on Billboard 200 at No. 126.
SNSD is the second pop-oriented girl group in Korea to sell more than 100, 000 copies of their debut album since S.E.S.
SNSD has an extremely active fanclub called Sones. Sones were voted 2014's Most Active Music Fan Army on Twitter along with BigBang's VIP's.

Fan Club Name: S<3NE (So-One)

Fan Colour: Pastel Rose

Agency: SM Entertainment

SNSD: So Nyeo Shi Dae

Debut: August 2, 2007 (Into the New World)

TaeTiSeo Debut: April 29, 2012

GIrls' Generation:
collaboration with 2PM "Cabi Song"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movies/ TV Shows/ etc:
Hyoyeon: Dancing with the Stars with Kim Hyung Suk

Jessica: Legally Blonde (musical), Wild Romance (2012- ep.7), Oh! My Lady (2010- cameo), Hilarious Housewives (2009), Unstoppable Marriage (2008- cameo)

Seohyun: We Got Married (Yonghwa- CN Blue), MC for Music Core, Passionate Love (2013 ep.1-4), voiced Edith in Korean version of Despicable Me, Unstoppable Marriage (2007- cameo), Gone With the Wind (2014- muscial, lead), Producer (2015- cameo), Warm and Cozy (2015- cameo)

Sooyoung: Oh My Lady (2010), Hello Schoolgirl (2008- movie), The Spring Day of My LIfe (2014), Dating Agency: Cyrano (2013), The 3rd Hospital (2012), Gentleman's Dignity (2012- cameo ep.5 as herself), Unstoppable Marriage (2007), My Spring Day (2014)