Chapter 42 Wedding Bells and Honeymoon

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure everyone knew about the auditions when it happened. But I was the last one to audition. The one to get in. I was so starstruck and happy, thinking I get to act with the amazing Natsu Dragneel. Yet I never expected to immediately get shoved into a plane," I laughed, Natsu lightly chuckled with me,"Then Natsu told me about the fake wife thing. I had nothing else to do but try to earn money for my mother's treatment. The reward on the contract was just a big number in my eyes so I accepted it. At least it wasn't anything compared to selling your body. All you had to do was attend a wedding with Natsu."

"Yup," Natsu added,"And we ended up sharing a bed. It was kinda weird at first, but I already got used to Lucy throwing pillows at me. Sometimes....we would end up cuddling in the morning. I gotta admit, Lucy is just so comfortable. Like you can lean on her right now and fall asleep." Natsu rested his head on my shoulder. I blushed a little bit while smiling.

"And Natsu is an amazing cuddler. It's very easy to get comfortable in his arms. Anyways, onto the story, Natsu gave me a tour of Crocus, and that's when I started to realize Natsu is not just an idiot, but a good person as well. He just brought happiness to our Crocus trip. And....I never had any fun memories until that moment. I just...appreciated that someone, who only knew me for a day, could make me the happiest girl in the world. After that, we ended up having our first kiss. It was very weird, but still, a good feeling. I never knew Natsu had soft lips!"

"Oh my Mavis.." Natsu covered his pink cheeks.

"Natsu, what do you have to say about that?" The interviewer asked.

"I um......" Natsu froze,"Have no words."

"Well then, I then got to meet Natsu's family. They were lovely people. I can see the resemblance in the family. And most of them believed I was actually Natsu's wife. We both had fake wedding rings on, so I guess that made our act believable?"

"Even my cousin said something about how she can see the love I have for Lucy in my eyes. And I have to admit, I fell for Lucy for those weeks we spent together. I wanted to tell her when she went back to Magnolia but... I couldn't do it. I couldn't tell her for a year-"

"Hold up. You forgot one part." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows.

"The time we..... we......."

"OH! Right! We um.... what do you call it on television.... Made love, when I was drunk. I kinda remember how it was like," he scratched his head.

"Oh really?" The interviewer widened her eyes,"So you gave him permission to...?"

"Erm.... At first I didn't want it to happen..... But we ended up doing it," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Now that that topic is over, let me get back to what I was about to talk about. I made a mistake. I left Lucy. I was taking advice from one of my friends literally."

"What did your friend say?" The interviewer asked.

"He told me,'If you love something, let it go. And if it doesn't come back, then it was never yours to begin with.' It was stupid, taking Gray's advice." Natsu put emphasis on Gray's name. "Lucy started to avoid me. I never intended to hurt her, I swear. I was just.... being an idiot as always. I regret leaving you, and I'll never do that again," Natsu cupped my hands,"But then...you actually came back. You waited for me to come back from my trip. And that made me love you more," he brought my hand up to his lips,"I didn't know what was right for us at that moment so I said, let's start over. That's when our love grew stronger and stronger. We actually became boyfriend and girlfriend, maybe even made more love-"