Chapter 36 First Day of Filming

•••The Next Day

(Lucy's POV)

I was suddenly woken up by the loud noise of vibration.

Opening my eyes, I rose up, finding my phone's bright screen on the side table. I picked it up, and realized it was a text from Gus.

"'Where are you? You're late!'" I read the text out loud. Huh? Late to wha-

OH!

"Sorry! I overslept, we'll be there in a few," I instantly hung up and shook the sleeping Natsu to my side. "Natsu, wake up! We're late!"

"Huh..?" Natsu lazily opened his eyes, blinking rapidly.

"We're late, Natsu." I stopped shaking him. He rose up, striking a hand through his hair.

"Late for what?"

"Filming." His facial expression changed in a second.

"WE'RE LATE!" Natsu jumped out of bed, quickly rummaging through his closet.

"Uh huh," I got up too, quickly finding something to wear.

"What about breakfast?!" Natsu turned to me, putting on a shirt over his already-shirtless self.

"We'll just eat french toast on the way there." I took off my shirt right in front of him, since I have a tank top underneath, and replaced it with a cute blouse.

Natsu then left to the bathroom, which made me comfortably replace my shorts to a skirt. I quickly dashed into the kitchen to cook up some toast.

••••At Fairy Tail Studios

"Finally!" Gus exclaimed as we walked in the room. There was a whole table filled with people, and two empty seats.

Natsu and I sat down, there were scripts placed in front of us.

"Great. Now that the two stars are finally here, let's get started, shall we?" The director, who was sitting next to Gus, stood up. "Natsu, Lucy, the 'strangers' or 'familiar people' sitting around you will be your co-stars. Hopefully you all get along swell." He started to pace around the room. "We'll be doing script reading together today." He faced everyone,"And let me know if you feel uncomfortable with the dialogue. Or if you feel like there needs to be some change in the script. Are we all good?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good," the director sat back at his seat,"We'll obviously start at scene 1, with Lucy's narration. No pressure, Lucy."

I cleared my throat as we all opened up the script.

"High school... I remember those days, walking through crowded hallways, listening to boring lectures. When I finished high school, however, I never even thought of becoming a teacher. Until I got the opportunity." I read out loud in a voice that I thought would be best for a narration.

"Perfect!" The director complimented,"We'll now skip over to the scene as known as, Lucy's, I mean, Ms. Heaton's typical day at work. Chris, we'll be starting with you."

The guy, who appeared to be Chris, and is also playing a normal 'cool' student in the film, cleared his throat. "Bro, check out Ms. Heaton's outfit today. Pretty sexy, right," he said in a loud whisper.

"Damn straight!" Another stranger in the room whispered back.

My character was currently passing out test results.

"Ms. Heaton, why do I have a A minus?" a girl complained,"I clearly aced this test so I deserve a A plus!"

"Would you like to retake the test, then?"