78. One Last Hurrah

The pay out from my retirement fight came out at $6.2 million. Rita and mark said that I got so much because I knocked an undefeated fighter off his number one spot in the ranks. To be perfectly honest, I just think that they felt guilty. After al it was at their ring that a lot of my ordeal occurred. But I didn't blame them, how could they have known about me? Rita had tried to put me through training, and give me a position in one of her more legitimate businesses, but I turned her down, I wanted to cut all ties with her businesses, though I still keep in touch with her, she was like a mother to me, I held a loyalty to her, that I didn't quite understand. She tried to save me, and for that I was thankful, I had formed the kind of bond only child could form for its mother, and I was proud to call her my own. My real mother has tried to make amends, offering me presents and gifts. It felt like she was trying to buy my love, but it was too late, she had made it very clear that I wasn't the kid for her. Even though she never abused me, it still felt as though I had been slapped in the face. I knew I would have to forgive her one day, but time, time is what I needed, the wounds haven't healed, and the scars haven't faced ,so all I needed was a little time.

In my time of knowing mark and Rita, I realised that I had never seen them be affectionate towards each other. It clicked a little while ago exactly why this was. Mark was gay. As it turns out he and Rita were just business partners. They met when they were young, and things went from there, but they never tried anything in the way of romance, they were purely partners in crime. Mark had gotten himself a boyfriend and was the happiest I had ever seen them. To my surprise Joe got himself a girlfriend as well. He had met Rita at my final fight, and things just went from there. The two were happy, and I happy for them, they had found love, and to be honest, I was glad, I knew joe was fine on his own, but going through life on your own is hard, trust me I know, he needed someone, other than me and Nate, he needed something that we couldn't give him. Joe is still running his gym, I still have a key and I even teach lessons sometimes. Nate asked me to marry him, he is the best man I could ever have wished for, we are to be married soon, and Joe will be walking me down the aisle. My dad calls on a regular basis, but I still cannot work up the courage to go and visit him, although I know I should, he is my father after all. I never heard from Gemma, her lap dogs, or anyone from high school after the trial, though I did receive an apology letter from Mrs Walker. I never did let my hair grow back, I keep it short to remind me of the period of my life where everything I did was controlled, when I was a mess, It keeps me strong even to this day. I visit the tattoo parlour every now and then to see how the guys are doing, they are fine, and Immy has a little girl now, she's called Delilah, I grin, just thinking about her.

So that's all from me, and this is my happy ever after, just remember that no one can hurt you unless you allow it.

Fin.

so i hope you enjoyed my very first book as much as I enjoyed writing it, I hope you read some of my other stuff, if I ever get round to posting it. and make sure you leave a comment. don't forget to vote and whatnot, err, yeah that's about all i have to say...

oh yeah, just so you know, all of the events in this book are based off things that i have thought up, and none of them have happened to me. if any issues in the book do affect you, then feel free to contact me, maybe i can help, or find someone who can. If you have any questions comments concerns feel free to contact me (yep i stole that from madeyewlook)... who else is surprised that I'm so eloquent at this time in the morning, hands up, just me then?? okay

happy reading my little ducklings 

G xoxo