68. Arrested

I had been sat in the room for hours. When they found out my name, they also found an assault charges, taken out by Gemma Locke, and Nick Fletcher, I couldn't believe my father had pressed charges against me. The police sat in front of me, slamming down pictures of Gemma's bruised face, and her broken nose, in an attempt to make me feel bad. There were pictures of my father's face as well, I was proud of the boot print that I had left there. As a result of the grim smile on my face I was called a violent criminal, and all kinds of names, and to be honest, I had grown bored of them trying to make me apologize for something I wasn't sorry for.

"Look at what you have done to this girl, you could have ruined her face" the lady shouted, sparking no interest from me what so ever. I looked at the picture then back at the woman, watching her get more and more frustrated "all you have to do is apologize, and she will drop the charges, otherwise you are looking at jail time" when I didn't respond, the woman gave up, pulling open the door, and ushering someone in. an older lady, with platinum blond hair, who looked particularly angry strutted into the room, coming to stand in front of me.
"I'm Gemma's mother, and a lawyer, I can make this a whole lot worse for you if you don't just apologize to her, Gemma, wants you to pay money, but the likelihood that you have enough is very slim" she looked me up and down, and curled her lip disgusted at me. I sat for a moment, then leaned forwards and said
"did you ask Gemma why I hit her?" the woman looked smugly at me
"of course I asked, she said that you have had it in for her, all year, she said you push, and spread rumors about her, and today, you finally hit her" I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up out of my throat at this. Then said
"well you mustn't be a very committed mother, were you at our graduation ceremony today" I looked at her waiting for an answer. I would have stood up, but with the charges on me, I had been cuffed to the table
"no, err, I was at work" I nodded
"ah, so you couldn't take an hour out to see your daughter humiliate me, in front of the whole year?" I questioned "she didn't happen to tell you that she had been using people to gather footage on me, that she played it to the whole class and their parents, and then award me with a 'slut of the year award'?" the woman sat down on the chair next to me
"that's not true" I raised an eyebrow, then said
"really, why don't you call anyone who was there, and ask them about it, i'm sure the other parents have footage or something?" I was keeping control over my anger, but I couldn't help the coldness that seeped through the cracks in my voice. "I hit your daughter, because she is a manipulative little cunt, and I would do it again in a heartbeat, she can shove her apology, and her money up her arse for all I care, now someone let me the fuck out of this room" I growled at the woman slamming my hands down on the desk causing her to jump and shuffle away.

She sat for a moment, then got up and stormed out, only to be replaced by George; I huffed and slumped in my chair as he sat down. He slid a key to me across the table, which I picked up immediately, and slid into the locks on the cuffs, then got up to stretch my legs.
"I don't really want to keep you any longer, so don't leave town, and I will probably be by to ask some more questions" I grinned at him and he turned the tape recorder off "do you want a lift home" he asked, and I nodded, following him out of the room and to his car. On the way home, he explained to me that he would come and ask me some questions, and follow up for the report. I nodded and thanked him for the lift, then scrambled out of the car, into my house.