The board displayed the square cabin shapes on a map of the camp. Cabins that were for boys were shaded blue and the cabins that were for the girls were shaded in pink. Me, Katie and Rachel began to scan the board for our names as we are cabin buddy's.
"Yes! We have one of the new cabins!" Rachel squealed, pointing to our names written inside one of the pink shaded squares at the far end of the camp.

Katie went up to to Miss Allen and collected our keys. I noticed that we were on the dividing line between the boys and girls cabins, I also noticed that Jane and her friends were all in the same cabin, only a few doors down from us. I tried to ignore the fact that they would be with us for six weeks. Pretending she wasn't here was probably the best thing to do.

"Awesome, let's get going then." I smiled as we let other people look at the board and made our way out of the sports hall pulling our suitcases behind us.
"What number cabin was it again Rachel?" Katie asked as we wandered through the cabin yard.
"Twenty four. it's near the edge of campus so we won't be surrounded by people that's for sure." She said in reply. My arms were getting tired from hauling my suitcase along the rugged ground whilst trying to find our cabin.

We saw other campers unlocking their cabins as we walked passed in order to get to our cabin at the back of the site. There were a lot of really young people here this year. The age groups always varied and the older one's would look after the younger one's, like a family.

We finally stopped outside the new cabin.
"Here it is!" Katie shouted in excitement. The new cabins looked awesome from the outside. They were brick built but cladded with dark stained wood to look like the authentic old ones further back towards the yard. We carried our bags up the steps of the porch and Rachel unlocked the door.

I am so glad we got a new cabin. It was at least double the size of the original and there were three small double beds spread around the room, one for each of us. We had wardrobes and one wall which was a complete mirror. Any girls dream when staying at this kind of camp where you forget how to be a girly girl for six weeks.

The large en-suite in the cabin was the best bit. It contained three individual sinks with large mirrors, a massive bath and a separate shower cubicle. This was more like glamping if you asked me.

"This new cabin is sick, they are so much better than the old one's. Do you remember our one last year had a leak in the roof?" Rachel laughed before skipping inside with her belongings.
"Wow." Me and Katie gasped in sync at the sight of our home for the next six weeks.
"I bagsy the bed closest to the bathroom!" I laughed running over to the bed nearest to the en-suite.
"Fine by me." Katie said "You are the one with the world's smallest bladder so I think it's needed." She continued.
"Exactly!" I grinned in return, laying my suitcase on the bed to unpack it.

We all began to make ourselves at home, filling the wardrobes and covering the bathroom shelves with our toiletries.

"So who are these Lake brothers you speak of?" Rachel questioned as we were taking some selfies together in the full length mirror, something which was absolutely necessary so that we had as many memories as possible.
"Well..." Katie began. "Laura has the biggest crush on one of them." She nudged me a little whilst wiggling her eye brows in my direction, trying to embarrass me. It never worked as I wasn't ashamed of having a massive thing about Ryan. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one. 

"They are the fittest guys in our school, but the biggest man whores you have ever seen."

"Unfortunately, I don't think Ryan will ever notice me, I doubt it was them two you saw anyway, Katie." I sighed with disappointment as it couldn't be true. Elephants would fly before the Lake brothers set foot in this camp.