Chapter 19 Redemption of the Emancipated

Start from the beginning

          He was serious and this made Locke blink in disbelief. “You’re kidding…?”

          “I am not. My air is pure and meant to be breathed by a being such as myself.”

          “Get off those blondes. They’re doing you no good, my poor mentally challenged friend.” Locke teased.

          This time the vampire scowled. “Now who’s the one that’s not using their brain? If memory serves you well, the only blood I’ve tasted over the last few years has been yours.”

          Locke frowned and cringed when he remembered the earlier years of their imprisonment. It was rather hard to get away from his comrade when the hunger struck him. Luckily enough, after a few years had gone, his body started to shrivel and it made moving impossible. Now he just laid there in the corner of the dark cobweb-filled room next to a grave—rotting away slower than their dead fellow ‘inmates.’

     “Don’t remind me, the happiest moment of these past fifty years was when you finally desiccated. Too bad it didn’t take your speech.”

       “Oh please, if I couldn’t speak you would have gone insane. Also, I just realized that if I’m mentally challenged than it’s your blood that did that to me, which means that you are the retarded one.”

          “Took you long enough, do you want a medal for finally coming up with that assumption?”

          “No, I want blood. I am itching to move.” The vampire whined in pain at not being able to move anything but his lips. He was down to those last muscles and shortly, there would be no way to move them.

          Locke sighed at his friend’s agony, at first he had found it amusing, but now it was just a pain to bear—much like everything else he had to endure. Slowly, his attention was brought back to the giant stone door where the light was passing through.

          There was a clank type sound and then he heard the noise of hard concrete rubbing against itself. In curiosity, he stood and approached the entrance. His mind formulated all the possibilities to explain the origin of the noise, but it all led back to one thing.

          ‘Ezekias…did it. He freed us…’ He thought in awe as the light became stronger now and the door began to open.

          “Hey, hey! What’s going on? Locke, I think Ezekias broke the seal! Our worthless little brother did it! Make yourself useful and lift me up.”

          Locke just eyed the rambling vampire that was crumpled up in a corner; his back was to the entrance, which made it hard to see what was happening.

          “Dumbass, I’m already standing.” It was hilarious to see a blind vampire.

          Nevertheless, he ignored his friend and brought his attention back to the man at the door—the same face that had betrayed him years ago. A face he hated.

        “Ah, Locke, Dante, I’m so glad my brothers are well. Come and bask in your well-deserved freedom.”

          Ezekias was in his own little world. He cared very little about the witch and the wolf that were struggling to survive, as soon as he realized that the barrier over the mausoleum was lifted. It fascinated him, but it also took some time to figure out how to open the door, until he saw the indent of something familiar on the stone wall. It was the same shape of the Eye of Horus necklace and that’s when he figured it all out.

         ‘Not only did you manage to put an angelic barrier over the crypt but you also stole the key that opens it. It was a good try, Isaiah, but not good enough.’ Ezekias was pleased with himself.