Chapter 11

I sat on my bed, trying to calm myself down before I thought of doing anything stupid.

"Kell, can I come in?" Tay asked, sweetly.

"Y-Yeah," I muttered, cursing myself for my stupid stutter that I got whenever I was upset or crying.

She walked in, slowly. Almost like she was being cautious. I just watched her as she closed the door and came over to sit by me.

"Kell, that was rough, I know. Your parents are arguing, but it'll be okay. The hard part, telling them, is all over now. Think about the future. You're gonna be just fine." She soothed.

I hugged her, she was quick to hug me back. "Thank you, Tay. I really needed to hear that."

"Hey, what are best friends for?" She said sweetly. I giggled, pulling away from her embrace.

"True. You've been there for me for a long, long time." I smiled.

"Since we were tiny little baby children." She said. I nodded.

Tay's parents were best friends with mine back when our moms were pregnant, but when Tay turned 17, her parents died in an airplane crash on their way to their vacation in Hawaii, but Tay was always welcome at my house. My parents, and obviously I, adore her. She is family to us and nothing could possibly change that. Tay is 19 now, and she's (obviously) in college. She had a 4.0 GPA so she was given many scholarships to college, which is how she afforded it aside from working at a coffee shop part time.

Speaking of, I needed to get some job applications so now could probably be a good time, so me and my parents both have a chance to calm down.

"Let's get out, Tay. I need to get some job applications. I need to keep busy for a little while so I can feel at least a little bit productive." I said.

She smiled, nodding. "Okay, but I want to drive."

"Whatever, just don't drive us into a ditch." I teased.

"That was one time!" She pouted. I couldn't help but giggle at how adorable she was.

×××

We started at the mall. I went into multiple stores and restaurants asking for applications, including a McDonald's, a pizza parlor, which was fairly new so they were looking for more employee's. The place is called Maria's Pizzaria. I applied there too, then went to a few stores including Hot Topic, Spencer's, Bath & Bodyworks, Macy's, and Journey's. The last store I went into was Zumies, and when I walked inside to get an application, I saw Vic in the back, looking at the skate boards.

So he skateboards? I wonder if he knows how attractive that is.

I went to the counter, smiling at the girl who was running it. "Welcome to Zumies, are you finding everything okay? Can I help you?" She asked, her voice monotone. She had long black hair, a septum piercing and a Twenty One Pilots shirt on and black skinny jeans. I couldn't see anything else so I wasn't sure what else she was wearing.

"Um, actually I was wondering if you guys have any job applications?" I asked, in a sweet tone.

"Mhm, yeah. Here." She handed me a paper and she marked the important stuff I had to fill out, explaining it to me.

"Thanks." I smiled

"Yeah, sure." She faked a smile before I walked toward Vic.

"Hey, Vic." I said, with a happy tone.

He jumped, so I probably startled him. He looked at me before smiling in realization. "Oh, Kellin! Hey. How are you feeling? How's the baby?"

"Good, and good." I said. So maybe it was a lie, oh well. He didn't need to worry about me. Just another reason to leave, right? "So like, you're getting a skateboard?" I questioned him.

"I think so.. They're having a sale so everything is super cheap but the quality is rad. I'm torn between the zombie one or the trippy looking one." He said.

"Hm, the zombie one for sure." I responded.

"Yeah? You think?" He asked. I just nodded, maybe a bit too excitedly to show him my approval.

He smiled and told the person helping him that he wanted the zombie skate board, then picked out his wheels and other accessories, then the employee assembled it for him. Vic took his new skateboard and went to pay for it. I just watched.

When he was done I followed him out of the store. "So like, we could hang out." I suggested. Vic shrugged. "I'm about to head back to my dorm."

"Oh, okay that's cool." I smiled. "Text me?"

"Sure thing." He said before he took off.

I turned around to see Tay and she was smiling. "Wow, what a coincidence." She teased. I just smiled.

"It was a nice one." I said. "So, how are things with Ashley?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, they're going really good." She smiled at me.

"So you're happy with her?"

"Of course, Kell, she's amazing. She's perfect." She beamed.

I chuckled. "That's good. I'm real happy for you."

"Thanks Kelly Kells." She cooed.

I scrunched up my nose. "Ew, don't call me that. That's gay."

"You're gay." She shot back.

"I know, I'm the one who told you." I teased. She giggled.

"We should head out, I have class later." Tay said after she composed herself.

"Okay, let's go. But can we get cinnamon buns first?" I pouted.

"Well, duh." She teased. "Ashley works at cinnabon so I'll get to see her a before we go while you eat your food.

"Let's go." I said, and she nodded. We started walking toward Cinnabon, and sure enough Ashley was there.

"Tay." She said happily.

"Hey, Ash." Tay replied, just as happy.

"You came at the perfect time. I'll take your order and then I can go on break." She smiled. "So what do you two want?"

"I want a large cinnamon roll with extra frosting and an Oreo milkshake." I smiled.

"Of course, Tay?"

"I'll take an Oreo milkshake too. That's all."

She rang us up, smiling. "Your total will be $16.56."

I took my wallet out and gave her the money, she put it in the cash register and then told her fellow employees the order, giving us our things before she told them she was taking her break. She came out to Tay, wrapping her arms around her and kissing her gently. I smiled.

I'm so glad Ashley is making my best friend happy. I hope it stays that way, to be honest. I didn't want Tay to get hurt. I sat down and started to eat my cinnamon bun as they talked and kissed.

I wish Vic wanted me the way Ashley and Tay wanted each other. I know I wanted him like that.

Who am I kidding though? Vic would never want anything with me.

I didn't mean anything to him.

I was just a drunken one night stand.

~~

a/n: I probably won't update for a little while, I'm going to write multiple more chapters and then release them every two days, but it may take me a couple weeks to post the next update so I apologize in advance if it does.