Chapter 9

a/n: i know nothing about how to start therapy sessions bc my mom always scheduled mine bare with me.

×××

My whole relapse had me feeling lethargic. I just wanted to sleep, I was exhausted now. It was like someone sucked the life out of me.

I went to my bed and took a nap, something I often did when I'm distress because it helped to relax me.

Once I woke up, I shot Tay a text, and we had a nice little conversation where we agreed to meet up at the mall the next day at noon. The next day was Thursday, and I had classes at 5, so at least I had at least a few hours to kill before I had to blow her off.

×××

I met Tay at the Starbucks in the mall, sitting at one of the high two-seater tables. We chatted for a while, just about random things. It wasn't long though, before her eyes went wide, her mouth hung open and she stared at my arm, and then I then realized what it was that she had noticed; that I had relapsed. My sleeve had rode up and my self harm marks were now clear as day. Fuck my life.

"Kells.." She trailed off before she could say anymore.

"Tay," I sighed. "Don't worry, I'm fine."

"No." She said. "Don't feed me that bullshit. You say this every time. But you have a baby on the way and I think it's about time you start seeing someone and getting some help, yeah?"

I opened my mouth to speak, then paused, considering. She had a point, as much as I didn't want to get a therapist.

I couldn't be selfish. I had to think of the baby now.

"You're right." I muttered. A smile tugged at the corner of her lips.

So, I looked up a couple places online and called one of the better rated places with good reviews.

Who I'm guessing was the receptionist answered after I had to go through a machine telling me to press different numbers to get to someone for service answered me. "Hello?"

"Hi, uh, my names Kellin Quinn, and I'd like to start seeing a therapist." I said, nervously. I hated making phone calls.

"Well, we have an opening with Melanie Martinez on Tuesday, January 3." She informed me.

"That's perfect. Thank you so much." I didn't want to be too complicated, plus, I didn't have objections because I didn't know the lady so it's not like I had a reason to say no to her being my therapist.

"It's no problem. Your first meeting she'll just meet with you and you'll put together basic information about your history with your mental health and illnesses and your familys mental health in the past and all that kind of stuff. Its really easy stuff, just time consuming." She told me.

"Thank you, have a nice day." I replied.

"You too." She said, with a bright tone.

×××