Chapter 10

•A Month Later•

I'm officially two months pregnant and I think Vic is finally warming up to the idea. I was scared that he'd never come around but every time we hung out, he seemed to get a little more comfortable.

The only problem was that the blood tests were taking a little while longer than normal to come back, which is a bit worrisome for me but I've been trying to stay positive about it. Hopefully they'll be in soon, I should get a call within a few days.

I was out at Babies R Us, because, yes, I wanted to go shopping for our baby. I decided since we didn't know the gender yet, I would get a bunch of gender neutral color clothing, just to start. I didn't want to overdo it before I was even showing to the world.

Once I was done shopping, I went and paid for the items and then I took them to the car, driving back to my dorm.

I brought the bag in, sitting on my bed. I placed the bag down beside me before getting up and getting on my laptop. I started searching the internet for apartments in the area, I was also considering dropping out of college to just get a job and focus on the baby.

I hadn't made up my mind yet. But, I'm going apartment searching tomorrow, so I'm hoping I'll find something good.

I told Tay and she told me that she had my back no matter what, because either way I was making a good choice apparently.

×××

Apartment searching went good I guess, I found a reasonable one, it had two bedrooms, so a nursery and my room, a living room, bathroom and kitchen. Sure it was small, but I didn't need a lot. It was aroud $450 a month as well, which was right in my price range.

I hoped it would be available when I was ready to move.

I was supposed to hang out with Tay today. Me and my parents agreed I could stay at their house until I got my apartment. Something I was thankful for was having such a supportive family. I wouldn't hear the end of it if they were homophobic and another boy knocked me up. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with that though. I knew they weren't going to react like that. They have known my sexuality since I told them about it, I was 15 at the time.

They have my back now as much as they did back in the good old days, still, telling them that their son who was supposed to stay focused on finishing school was pregnant, is still the hard part. I just have other worries than another person might have.

Anyway, Tay was supposed to help me get my stuff from my dorm to my parents house. I guess you could say it was just going to be a long vacation, I knew I'd be leaving eventually for good anyway. Even if I wasn't, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Okay, well, maybe they would. But what parent wants their 30 something year old child living in their basement? Not mine. That's why I'd be moving into an apartment soon. Trust me, if I could stay with my parents forever then I would, but you gotta figure out how to be independent at some point in your life, and in my current situation, now is the perfect time to start preparing for it.

×××

Tay looked at me from the passenger seat, with a devilish grin on her face. I sighed, as she was probably up to no good again.

"Taylor Jardine," I started, keeping my eyes focused on the road. I could see her out of the corner of my eye. "What are you up to now?"