Elizabeth Judes

{Edited}

Chapter 4: Elizabeth Judes

~~~~~a week later~~~~~

   Dixie looks over at the clock as the annoying beeps continue. Ever since he saved Kayla he's decided to change his life around. With the help of Officer Reeds, he's decided to go to rehab for his alcohol addiction and hopes to get a job. Kayla, on the other hand, has been recovering quickly and is already almost the normal size a baby her age should be. No information on Kayla has come up, such as a birth certificate. No one has claimed Kayla either, so she will be handed over to the Government, and hopefully adopted out.

~~~~The next day~~~~~

   "My name is Elizabeth Judes, I'm here for the baby named Kayla Joyce?" a woman her mid-forties politely asks the blonde lady at the hospital discharge desk. "The garbage bin baby, yes. Just walk over there and take a seat" she says as she points to the waiting room. So Elizabeth does, a few minutes later Dr. Joyce comes to speak with her. "Hello, my name is Dr. Joyce Blythe. I've been Kayla's doctor. Your here to pick her up?" She sweetly asks. "Yes, I'm here for her" Elizabeth answers. "She still has a little bit of a cold but I'll give you medication for that. Just sign here, here, and here please" Dr. Joyce hands Elizabeth a pen as she points to dotted lines on the papers, that are neatly set on a clip board.

   After their done, Dr. Joyce takes Elizabeth to where Kayla is. Within a few minutes, Elizabeth takes Kayla and walks with her in her arms to a black charger and puts her in a pink and grey baby seat. "Poor baby, hopefully we can get you a beautiful new home and family" Elizabeth says to the baby who stares at her. Elizabeth has black straight hair that's pulled tightly into a bun, pale skin, dressed in a black office skirt with a white button up short sleeve blouse.

~~~~~~~A half hour later~~~~~~

   The black charger parks at a big white adoption center. "It's time to start looking for a family for you. The sooner you get a home the better" Elizabeth says, as she gets out and unbuckles the baby seat. She carries the car seat to the building, her black blazer getting covered with small specks of snow. The moment she walks into the building a younger women screeches with excitement "SHE'S SOOOOO C..YOU..TE!"

   "Shhh.....you'll wake her" Elizabeth warns but it's too late, Kayla is awake and crying. "Ohww....don't cry....I didn't mean to scare you" the twenty-five year old coos. "Can you feed her while I do some paper work for her, Claire?" Elizabeth asks. "Why....it'd be an honor" Claire answers, happily taking the baby's car seat from Elizabeth the adoption center director. Claire takes Kayla through a maze of hallways till finally she reaches the nursery.