Dr. Joyce Blythe

{Edited}

Chapter 3: Dr. Joyce Blythe

   Officer Reeds takes Dixie home and lets him shower, shave, and change into clean clothes. Officer Reeds always tries to help people, especially Dixie. He and Dixie became friends years ago, when Dixie was drunk as heck, going through the streets asking for the family he'd lost all those years ago. Even though Dixie was an alcoholic and homeless Officer Reeds saw past Dixie's outside shell, he saw the pain hidden in Dixie's pale blank face, the hundreds of tears that's been held back for all these years, and the tiny glimmer of hope in Dixie's broken heart that refuses to burn out.

~~~~~~~Morning~~~~~~~~

    "You ready?" Officer Reeds asks Dixie as he stares out the window, the front lawn covered with a blanket of snow, and the two apple trees stripped bare of any leafs with blotches of snow resting in their branches. Dixie gets up with smile on his face and nods 'yes'. Dixie is wearing a light blue, long sleeve collared shirt and blue jeans. His face now shaved you can tell he's only in his mid-thirties and rather attractive with his coffee bean brown eyes and tall muscular form, Dixie isn't your normal homeless guy as you'll find out.

   Officer Reeds is wearing a plain black T-shirt and dark jeans. They both put on black jackets as they walk out the door to a small grey car. Officer Reeds drops Dixie off at the hospital before driving to the police department. As soon as Dixie walks into the hospital the doctor that was seeing the baby walks up to him. "Hi, my name is Dr. Joyce Blythe, you and the officer were the ones that brought the baby in last night, am I correct?" the doctor says in a sweet voice. "Yes, my name is Dixen Price, Dixie is fine though."

   "Well it's a good thing you found her when you did, she's really weak and very dehydrated. As well as having a bad cold." Dr. Joyce pauses and waves her hand to Dixie, telling him to follow her, then continues "she was only about a couple hours old when you found her. She still had afterbirth on her." She stops again in front of a glass window and points to a small incubator "that's her, did you want to go in and see her?" she asks quietly as Dixie nods his head 'yes'. They walk in to the nursery and put hand Sanitizer on before sticking their hands into the holes on the sides of the incubator to touch the soft baby.

   "She also has a diaper rash, but I think she'll be ok. She doesn't have a name" Dr. Joyce informs Dixie, then asks "did you want to name her?" "Me?" Dixie asks, disbelief written all over his face. "Why not? You are her hero" Dr. Joyce softly says gently rubbing the sweet baby's arm with her thumb. "Well......I guess I could name her.....you said your name was Joyce?" he asks, Dr. Joyce nod in reply. "Alright then....Kayla Joyce" Dixie says with a small smile, holding the baby's tiny hand in his big one.