Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots

Amanda's POV

I pinned up the tiny strands of my hair which settled comfortably on my forehead. I straightened my shirt which was carefully tucked in my black palazzo pants. I was looking over my watch, again and again, considering the fact that I was running short of time. The receptionist then announced my name. I quickly stood up.

Oh Yes! I did not go to college that day. I had to sort out a big amount of mess first. I kept canceling the continuous innumerable calls of Gina and Francis. I avoided keeping my phone on silent because Mr. Reynolds could call me any moment and I didn't want it to be another reason, to sum up on his scolding towards me.

Oh now, you may think that if I was not in Mr. Reynolds's office then whose? I was somewhere I was supposed to be. I kept walking silently towards the cabin I was called in. I knocked on the door, not more than two times, and there was an immediate response of "come in ".

I went inside the cabin and initiated the conversation with a sweet smile paired with a good morning wish. Mr. Linley was one heck of a well mannered and kind-heartened person as he greeted me back.

"I assume you're here for one sort of fake drama. If that's the case then I'm certainly not interested to listen to your irrelevant drama all over again", he turned away and continued doing the paperwork.

"I am sorry, I really am", I tried indulging into eye contact with him.

"What else Miss Waters aka Mrs. Steve", he frowned.

I was shattered from within, on realizing how much of a liar I was in the past. The person who wanted me to attend his party, who greeted me warmly, now couldn't even resist my presence in his cabin "I couldn't sleep last night. I'm truly sorry", I apologized.

After completely listening to my sentence, he nodded but didn't utter a word. Not even a single one "If only I could make up for the loss. I apologize on my behalf to Mrs. Linley. She's a sweetheart"

He played with his pen for a while and then replied "If you are doing this for my signature over the contract papers then it's really not a good idea, and certainly a waste of your precious time, which you could probably invest in planning another fraudulent practice"

I removed the papers from my bag and handed over to him, "This is a genuine apology, Sir. Keep those papers for assurance that I at least did not fake a 'sorry'"

I carefully lifted myself up from the seat and gathered all my guts and concluded my apologetic lines with one last sentence, "Sir, I'm not faking it. We were genuine enough to take a step back when realizing our mistake. We could easily fool you last night. We didn't do it, though", I took small steps towards the exit, and yes I used the term 'we' when Mr. Reynolds was not even in guilt.

"Give my regards to Mrs. Linley and heartily congratulations once again", I turned around before turning the doorknob.

"Miss. Waters", I heard my name being called from the back, my eyes collided with his.

"You left these papers", he smirked.

"I'm so sorry sir ", I added up to the innumerable apologies for the day and left his cabin. The papers were yet in my hand, I felt like throwing them in the dustbin but I could probably throw them in Mr. Richie Rich's dustbin.

On starting to fold the papers, I carefully placed them in my bag. But then I saw an inked thing over it. I removed the papers again and after having a closer observation, I realized that they were signed already.

I was so overjoyed that I directly ran towards Mr. Linley's cabin and entered without a knock and directly shook his hands. Ah yes, I was about to hug him but my nerves had great control over me.