38

The Bad Boy Meets Me

38

"Ate, why are you here?" My sister asked me, squeezing her eyes and then looked at me. I don't want to wake her up in the middle of the night but I have to or else...

"Shhh" was my only answer as I tried to calm myself and fought the tears that threatening to spill.

Wasting no time, kinarga ko kaagad sya at naglakad papuntang pinto. A huge part of me was thankful that I managed to walk although my whole body was shaking in fear. Kailangan namin puntahan si Mama para sabihin ang nangyayari at nang makatakas.

"Ate?" She asked in a small voice, completely confused of what is happening.

I opened my mouth to tell her that our life is in danger pero hindi ko nagawa. Takot na takot ako. Nagbanta si tito Mike na papatayin n'ya kaming lahat. At sa itsura n'ya kanina, mukhang hindi s'ya nagbibiro. Parang nababaliw. Kung hindi ko naihampas sa kan'ya 'yung vase at nakaalis, baka wala na ako ngayon.

She touched my cheeks, wiping the tears  I didn't notice na nahulog mula sa mga mata ko. " why are you crying?" She asked curiously, completely oblivious to everything.

I don't know how to tell her..

Tinignan ko ang bintana ng kwarto. Malakas ang buhos ng ulan kaya siguradong kahit anong sigaw ko, walang makakarinig sa akin. Hindi rin kami makakalabas sa bintana dahil maliit ang espasyo ng bintang nilagyan ng pa-cross na bakal.

I smiled with assurance sa kapatid ko. Telling her what is going on is not my priority but getting out of this house to be save.

Hahawakan ko na sana ang sedura ng pinto when suddenly three knocks told me that we can't easily run away.

Magsasalita sana ang kapatid ko pero tinakpan ko kaagad ang bibig nya. Silently telling her to remain silent.

"Lizzy, baby? Could you please open the door?  I want to give you something" His calmed tone send ice to my spine.

I wish this is not happening..

Tinignan ako ni Lizzy at tatanggalin sana ang kamay ko but I slowly shook my head.

My eyes were begging her to listen to me at salamat dahil sinunod nya ko.

I really don't know what to do. I want to cry right, here right now but I manage to stop myself. We have to get out of here

-or at least her.

"Baby, I know you can hear me. Please open the door. Your mama wants to see you." I didn't fight my tears when he mentioned our mother.

"Don't listen to your Ate if she's not allowing you to open this fckng door! I'm tired of playing! Open this fckng door before I do it myfckingself!" Nasundan ng sunod-sunod na malalakas na mga katok ang sinabi nya, na naging dahilan para umiyak at matakot ang kapatid ko.

I tried to cover her mouth pero tinanggal lang nya ang kamay ko at umiyak.

"Lizzy, stop crying.." I begged but this time she didn't listen. Nagpuglas sya sa pagkakahawak ko at nagtangkang bumaba.

"Please, Lizzy" I said between my sob.

"Gusto kay Mama! Gusto ko kay Mama!" She's now crying hysterically.