As I landed on the ground, I grasped onto my hair, and began to pull on it slightly. "Crap, we lost him!" I said in frustration.

"Hey, aren't those your friends?" Ai averted the topic.

In fear, I snapped my head to the side, and was not intending for anyone to see me like this. Although, what my eyes landed on instead had shocked me.

There laid the corpses of my dear comrades. I believed that they were strong- or at least, strong enough to survive. I was proven wrong, unfortunately.

It was extremely overwhelming to see the people I could once see everyday, and have close to my heart, now mutilated and completely devoid of life. As I came closer, I noticed that they've all only had a small portion of their bodies left- some missing, while others sinply scattered across the area. Blood was also found to be splattered just about everywhere.

Auruo, Eld and Ghunter. And even Petra, whom was once the person I looked up to as an older sister which I never had. Her head was now about ten feet away from her body.

It was a terrifying scene to look at, and even "terrifying" might be an understatement at this point.

"This was no titan's doing." She said. "Looks like that boy you were after is responsible for it."

"That little-" My breath hitched, and I could no longer hold in my tears. I fell onto the ground, and had to use the tree beside me as support.

"Tsk. Don't show me weakness, these were only the deaths of four. How will you manage the hundreds you have yet to await and encounter?" Ai sternly yelled at me.

"They're dead now, so there's no use mourning over it, [f/n]!" She spat again. "What about all that crap you said about your other friends needing you? Don't you think that they're probably having troubles with the big freaks while you're here being unreasonable?"

I kept on sobbing, until finally she couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop acting like a little baby, and fucking do something you won't be crying over again later! And what about your boyfriend? Don't you think that maybe needs you right now?"

===

Third Person.

Levi did not show any sign of pain after witnessing most of his squad members' death, although deep inside, he might have been the one hurting the most. His family was taken away from him yet again, and he feared that it was a mistake to leave the [h/c] haired girl all alone for the sake of his pride. He did not want to admit that there was a chance she was dead to by now. He could only believe that she wasn't.

"Captain Levi, are we going to search for [f/n]?" Eren was worried for his friend.

"Even if we're the only ones left, our priority is still to obtain your safety, brat." He calmly said. This left Eren tooken aback, as he wondered if the captain only cared about the orders over the lives of others.

Eren thought about it to himself, and finally decided what to do. "I don't care about our orders, sir. [f/n] is my friend, and as long as I am still able to save the lives of my teammates, I will not stop myself from doing so."

"Alright." Levi did not care to glance back at the brunette. "Just believe that you won't regret the choice you've made."

With that, he galloped away on his horse towards the forest where he and Armin had seen her enter.

"For goodness' sake, please be alive." Eren mumbled to himself. Although unspoken, the captain wished for the same thing.

===

[f/n] maneuvered her way out of the forest at last, and right on time, saw the boy galloping towards her with a look of pure relief on his face.

"[f/n]! You're alive!" He said with joy.

"I- I am, but Petra an-"

"Yes, we know." His voice was now replaced by grief.

"You do?" Her eyes widened.

"The captain saw." He said.

The girl looked back into the wide area filled with large trees, as a tear slided down her cheek yet again.

"Hey, don't cry." Eren told her. "Come on, get on my horse. We need to go back to the captain."

She wasn't skeptical to follow Eren's order, and easily mounted the horse with his help.

"Hold on." He said.

She obeyed and grasped the sides of his waist, and they were off to reunite with their captain.

"Are you sure you're okay, [f/n]?" Eren asked along the way.

"I hope so." Was her reply.

===

Back to You.

I rested my head onto Eren's back, and tried to maintain myself. Certainly, I did not want to display how much weakness I held. I needed to be like Levi. I needed to act strong, and unaffected by anything thay occurs during our expedition.

"There he is."

I looked up, and saw the short man on his horse, currently not aware of our nearing presence.

"Captain, I found her!" Eren cheerfully reported, and galloped beside him.

His eyes met mine, and for a brief moment, they sent me an apologetic look for not being the one to rescue me. I looked away, knowing that the death of the others was already enough to shake me, and that I definitely didn't need anymore problems between me and Levi.

"It appears that we're going to have to retreat soon enough, due to the already large amount of soldiers we've lost."

Just how many, I wondered.

I felt Eren flinch in anger as four titans were heading our way. He looked at Levi, "I'll handle this, captain."

"No, save the time." He nonchalantly replied.

How was he even able to act as if he did not care at all?

He fired his wires and approached the titans with ease, putting an end to each one, almost as if effortlessly. I had to look away at the sight of titan blood spilling around.

"Hungry again?"

"This isn't the time for that."

"What?" Eren looked at me in confusion.

"N-nothing." I immideately responded.

"[f/n], are you sure you're okay?" He asked again.

"Positive!" I faked a smile.

And by that, I came to a conclusion, that I was most definetely, not okay.