Then years passed, and throughout my mission with Isabel and Farlan, my mind was still concerned with finding [f/n]. I needed her.

And finally, I found her.

Not the way I had expected, and despite the act I had to put up, I immideately understood that she barely had any memory of us whatsoever.

It hurt me, to say the least. But what could I do?

Indeed, I felt tempted to tell her all about our past together since day one. But as much as I wanted to, I could not bring myself to do it.

Nevertheless, I did feel relieved, that she was still able to understand and comfort me the same way. That night had made all of my stress and worries go away, and I am grateful to her yet again.

The only thought pesking me to this day still, was none other than those last words she had said to me during our goodbye.

"Levi, you know that I'm not who everyone thinks I am, right? Well, I wanted to tell you about this, but. . . I was scared. I thought you'd never look at me the same way ever again. And I am truly sorry for that." She cupped my face as she let out those peculiar words. "But let's make a promise. When we'll see eachother again in the future, I'll tell you everything, okay?"

I have yet to figure out the meaning she etched behind it all, although I doubt an answer will easily come my way, considering she probably does no longer even know it herself.

I glanced at her laughing with some of her friends. My interest mostly centered around the hairtie she was wearing, the one I had given her on her birthday. I felt somewhat glad to know she still wore it.

"Staring at [f/n], now, are we?"

"The fuck do you want this time?" I replied.

This idiot, I swear.

"Aww~ Stop lyin', it's too obvious!" She grinned.

"What is?"

"That you totally have a crush on [f/n]!"

I rolled my eyes, "That clutz? Please, I could do so much better than that."

She crossed her arms, and looked rather dissapointed with my words, "Say whatever you like, shortie. I'm still not buying it. Besides, I have a secret that you would be dying to find out~!"

"Oh, really?" I said sarcastically.

"Mhm," She said. "And it's about [f/n]!"

I tried my best not to look surprised in any way possible, as I did not want her jumping to any other conclusions. Instead, I kept my facial expressions to show an incredibly small ounce of any kind of emotion, and let my actions remain as rude and ignorant as ever.

"Well, bet you didn't know she has a thing for you!" She giggled, covering her mouth.

There was not a single thing to prove her words as justified.

"And what kind of importance does that bring to me?" I glared at her.

"Ask her out, stupid! Give her flowers! Anything, I don't know." She rambled about.

I ignored her, and stole a few more glances at [f/n]. Her smile could melt my heart any day, and the way her hair bounced around with her laughs was downright adorable. Although, I failed at admitting any of that.

I had yet still to contemplate whether I am to tell her anything about what has occurred years before between the two of us. But either way, the past cannot be mended, and neither can mt feelings.

"Oi! Listen to me!" Hanji whined.

"Whatever you say, dork. Be reminded that I have no interest in romantical feelings."

===

A few days of training left, and I have been frustrated with all of the men trying to flirt with my [f/n].

I would let her go up against me again, but Hanji did not allow it. In the end, my only solution was to pair her up with the female Cadets.

She seemed questionable about this for a split second, but dropped the look, and agreed with my instructions.

The rest of my day had been spent finishing all of the boring leftover paperwork. I yearned for [f/n] to knock on that door, and perhaps provide me with some company, but I didn't expect such a thing to become reality.

My hopes spiked up after I had heard a faint knock on the door.

"State your name, and business." I said in an annoyed tone, masking the excitement building up inside me.

"P-Petra Ral, Sir! I have the commander. From the paperwork! I m-mean more paperwork, f-from the commander!"

I facepalmed, and sighed in both devastation and dissapointment.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Don't tell me that you are expecting for me to kindly pull the door open for you?"

"No! Indeed, not!" She said behind the wooden door. "B-but I'm having trouble doing it myself sir, my hands are kind of occupied."

I stood up, frustrated.

I swung the door open, and she walked in with an enormous pile of damned paperwork, and all thanks to Erwin for being the generous man he was.

"That is all?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Yes." She saluted.

"Alright, now leave." I ordered.

She began to walk towards the exit, yet she so conveniently had to trip over her own legs, and bumped right into me, her breath forming contact with my neck.

"I said, leave." I pushed her away eagerly, and let her get out of my personal space.

===

I exhaled, and pushed my chair back using my legs. My eyes made contact with the ceiling, and my mind knew doing paperwork was futile as long as I couldn't get the girl out of my mind.

My heart begged for me to tell her, but I was aware that it would not be the right time. I'll wait for that moment to come, and I would describe every single thing to her, I would finally allow myself to confess my love, and I'd tell her the thruth. I could barely wait.

I admit that I needed advice at this matter, but there was no one that I could ask for. All I needed to keep close was that I need and will inform her of it. Just you wait, [f/n].

//4 weeks have passed since [f/n] [l/n] has joined the Survey Corps.//

Here it was.

My top priority was to make sure [f/n] would be alright from the beginning and to the end, until we return inside the Walls. Though clearly, that was not my duty to begin with.

My eyes did not leave her, not even once.

As Erwin screamed for us to gallop into the outside, I was still only giving my attention to her.

This is it, I thought.

No matter what, I have to protect her. As long as she is in my Squad, it would be fairly easy to do so.

"Although, I am most likely stunned by the bravery and courage you have to go outside those Walls, regardless already knowing the same outcome and the thin chance of any success. You manage to push away all the deaths of your comrades, and keep everyone in place, knowing exactly that all the weight is embedded onto your shoulders." Her words replayed in my head.

No, [f/n]. That is not entirely true. I wouldn't be able to live myself if you'd ever die.